United Way of the Plains (Wichita, KS) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Job Opportunity: Database Entry Clerk -Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Coordinated Entry Position
The Database Entry Clerk is a part-time position and is responsible for the accurate and timely entry of data into the HMIS database system. This position will require 20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule.
The successful candidate for this position is a problem solver who is able to maintain a high level of attention to detail, and who is proud to be part of a team that is laser focused on the mission to advance the common good in our community. This position requires excellent administrative and communication skills, as well as the ability to understand and utilize a Management Information System for accurate, timely recordkeeping. Additionally, regardless of role or team, every United Way of the Plains employee must be able to demonstrate our core values: Community, Collaboration, Leadership, People, Diversity, Advocacy and Stewardship. These values shape our internal behaviors and communicate to our various stakeholders who we are and what we stand for.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Be relationship focused. Facilitate and maintain positive, professional communications with public, private and non-profit organizations to implement program priorities.
- Enter Coordinated Assessment forms and consent forms into the HMIS system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter information into the HMIS system on behalf of the HMIS users to ensure mission success.
- Support the HMIS team to achieve the highest level of success.
Minimum requirements and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience entering data into database systems.
- Proficiency using computers, including MS Office, the Internet, and databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship and team-building skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Effective speaking and writing skills.
- Proficient in computer operation including but not limited to working with a computer file system, MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Naturally curious and self-motivated in a never-ending pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interact in a positive way with individuals and groups.
- Must be flexible and multitask oriented; can adapt to changing priorities.
- Can work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Dependable and reliable to meet deadlines; remains calm under pressure.
- Lead by personal example; your word is your bond.
- Servant leader who can positively influence others not under their control.
- Possess excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals
- Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
Visit www.unitedwayplains.org/jobs for instructions on how to submit your information for this position.