EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the mission, vision and values of United Way of North Central Florida (UWNCFL). When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWNCF and the community. Due to the leadership role UWNCF is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWNCF staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
Act as a support role to the Database Manager and Director of Impact
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Database Associate will be the key support for the Database Systems Manager in maintaining the current donor information system as well as agency application and reporting. Assist to oversee the expansion and implementation of EPledge among workplace campaigns as well as EC-Impact among our agency partners and other potential users. The Database Associate will be the primary creator of mailing lists for development and communications.
- Provide campaign and agency reports as needed to the Database System Manager.
- Supports the Database Systems Manager in maintaining databases and financial tracking systems for online campaigns and donors.
- Create and provide reports and data analysis to support both internal and external customers.
- Supports all processes, as needed, for the University of Florida Giving Campaign and any other online campaign (such as Epledge).
- Supports the EC-Impact application process and reporting as needed.
- Supports the EC-Impact training with partners and users.
- Provides ongoing data support to EC-Impact partners as needed.
- Assists in United Way initiatives, projects, and events. Serves on various committees, as requested.
- Provides support to staff and volunteers, maintaining continuous contact to monitor and motivate.
- Works in conjunction with the Communications and Marketing Department to provide support and create mailing lists, as needed.
- Attends internal and external departmental/staff meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Education Requirements: Associate’s degree or a minimum of two years related experience and/or training in information technology systems, data analysis and reporting
Experience Requirements: Two years related experience and/or training in information technology systems, data analysis and reporting
Core Values: Accountability – We act with integrity and maintain the highest standards of ethics and accountability.
Leadership – We provide leadership for community building.
Inclusiveness – We respect the dignity, uniqueness and worth of all individuals and value the diversity of the community we serve.
Volunteerism – We promote a “spirit of volunteerism” and volunteer leadership.
Excellence – We provide the highest quality in all we do.
Example – We promote a “team-first” environment. We want our actions to reflect our words.
Technology Requirements: Demonstrate proficiency in the use of advanced office and computer technology; including computer software such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Experienced in data entry and donor relationship management systems is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Competency in written communication and public speaking is essential. Strong organization skills, keen focus on responsibilities, setting and meeting measurable objectives, timelines and budgets are needed for this position. Works as a team member to provide positive input and assists other as needed to ensure team goals are met. Exhibit exemplary and proactive customer service skills as this person is required to answers questions and respond to complaints from the general public.
Contact: Effective and positive communication with all levels of the organizations
and members of the community. Must present in a clear and concise message in all public speaking situations with internal staff, board members, campaign, affinity group members, CEO’s, board of directors, donors and community business members; Frequent contact with committee volunteer leaders, corporate partners, vendors, all staff of UWNCFL, other United Ways and United Way Worldwide, key donor customers including the University of Florida, State and Federated Campaign leaders and the general public. Relationships must be handled in a positive manner to project a positive image of United Way of North Central Florida.
Working Conditions: Visual acuity and manual dexterity required to operate computer, Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move; occasionally work long hours in order to complete special projects or attend special events.