The Data Support Lead reports to the Director of eBusiness. The Donor Services department within the Finance department is a comprehensive team that manages the donor experience from their interaction with United Way in the donation process. The overall goal of the Donor Services department is to support United Way donors with best-in-class customer service while engaging with United Way of Greater Atlanta. The ePledge unit within the Donor Services department works with company campaign coordinators in assisting them with their workplace campaigns.
This position will focus on managing the ingestion of donor data from multiple systems into our main donor database. The Data Support Lead will work closely with the Information Technology personnel as the subject matter expert to automate data ingestion and implement efficiencies with donation data. They will also collaborate and train the development department on current procedures related to donation data ensuring the data is received in the correct format. Moreover, this position will be responsible for creating dashboards and reports to internal and external stakeholders highlighting donation results. The lead will also assist with customizing complex configuration of the digital giving platforms.
- Prepare viewable summaries (dashboards) of data for consumption by non-technical stakeholders for both internal staff and external end-clients, using Excel and Microsoft PowerBi.
- Manage the assignment of data files between the data support team and review for accuracy and data standards.
- Train data support team members on current data processing procedures.
- Lead data automation projects as a subject matter expert to increase operational efficiency.
- Manipulate data files from various systems into a centralized database and research errors or inconsistencies.
- Perform mass data imports for data creation that aligns with data quality standards.
- Aid with the configuration of the digital giving platforms and ensuring correct nonprofit agencies are displayed.
- Collaborate with team members to gather accurate donation data in a timely manner
- Work in partnership with Information Technology on database projects and ensuring the database is working properly and meets the needs of the department.
- Implement database changes including merging duplicated records, new account creation, user access, and structure.
- Document and maintain standard operating processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Expectations
This role requires a blend of analytical skills and the ability to learn new systems with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse team.
- Undergraduate degree preferred and/or career-related experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing and analyzing data
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerBi
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in data management a plus
- Ability to learn new technology systems and apply new skills to problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills, information management, time management and follow-through
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fluid and fast-changing environment
- Ability to meet, work, and collaborate with other departments
- Customer service experience a plus
- Ability to work with confidential matters
A successful individual in this role will be:
- An excellent communicator with strong listening skills
- Resourceful, creative problem-solver with attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Organized and goal oriented
- A strong collaborator and comfortable with working in a highly dynamic environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to relate with a diverse team. Ability to work in harmony with peers