Role: Data Reporting & Strategy Specialist
Department: Corporate Relations
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Relations
The Data Reporting & Strategy Specialist is responsible for collaborating with Fund Development teams on annual fundraising strategies, data analysis, reporting and integration of best practices for data capture, tracking, and reporting within the CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) database.
- Assist in the development of an overall annual/multi-year Fund Development Strategy.
- Educate and engage Fund Development teams on how to use data analytics to create strategies for individual and corporate portfolio revenue growth.
- Design relevant reports for the Fund Development teams and work closely with the IT (Information Technology) team to create/implement the reports in the CRM database.
- Create best practive for revenue, corporate, volunteer, etc. reporting process.
- Assist in annual portfolio alignment of corporate portfolios and individual caseloads.
- Work closely with Chief Development & Marketing Officer to create team outcomes and deliverables.
- Guide best practices for data capture in CRM system.
- Train all new and current Fund Development staff on the departmental use of the CRM system.
- Work closely with Finance team to insure accurate and timely revenue reporting.
- Provide donor data analysis, participate in donor/prospect strategy sessions, and help track team fundraising goals and timetables.
- Monitor gift-giving activity across all MGO portfolios; Establish the moves management process with each donor in StratusLive in partnership with the Donor Relations team member.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Possess an understanding of UWSEM's fundraising programs and initiatives
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Possess good organizational, project management and computer skills
- Ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner
- A Bachelor's degree in business, math, statistics, or a related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience (including an internship) working with statistics, data collection, analysis and reporting, or related experience
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, Internet usage and software applications
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.