Role: Data Project Manager
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Program Director
United Way for Southeastern Michigan (UWSEM) is enrolling households into the Low-Income Self-Sufficiency Plan as a grantee partner of Michigan Agency for Energy. The goal is to assist up to 40,000 low-income families to become energy self-sufficient in Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties. An additional focus will be centered on developing innovative approaches to self-sufficiency and data evaluation, allowing for greater stability for families. UWSEM will also be implementing additional innovative methods for increasing and measuring participant self-sufficiency.
The Data Project Manager will ensure seamless success for these program goals. The Data Project Manager will also operate as the 211 reporting coordinator and perform regular analysis to support the integration of all contact center efforts.
- Establish technological efficiencies to ensure the self-sufficiency coordination and implementation of the utility assistance program goals.
- Coordinate with UWSEM's 2-1-1 contact center and utility assistance management staff to develop an electronic data collection workforce training system that will automate the monitoring of daily key staff performance indicators.
- Aggregate and analyze 2-1-1 contact center data.
- Project lead on efforts to outcomes data collection platform customizations, buildouts, and ongoing responsibilities.
- Develop data collection platform efficiencies and standards to align with grant deliverables.
- Develop reports and queries to support ongoing and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Develop and execute processes to ensure data integrity standards are met.
- Support evaluation data analysis and accommodate special grantor data requests.
- Operate as lead trouble shooter to support program team members.
- Coordinate the transition of the online web application into the new client reporting data collection platform.
- Collaborate with the 2-1-1 Data Manager to coordinate IVR systems and efficiencies.
- Additional projects and tasks related to the collection, management and evaluation of relevant data as needed.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Experience using relational databases, building and using API's, creation of data-collection templates, reports, and queries, and demonstrates advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with data collection, analysis, and visualization software
- Data management best practice development
- Statistical analysis
- Possess effective people, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Possess an understanding of data bases / systems (functionality & usage)
- Have solid organizational and project management skills
- A bachelor's degree in business, social science, computer information systems, or related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years as a software trainer, public speaker or similar work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, internet usage and software applications.
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.