JOB TITLE: Data Manager and Analyst, Dual Generation Initiative
TEAM: Grants FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE: Friday March 26th 2021 until filled
GENERAL FUNCTION: United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) is seeking to fill the position of a Data Manager and Analyst. This position is assigned to its Dual Generation Initiative, a multi-sector and multi-agency effort to support families with young children 0-10 years on both San Antonio’s Eastside and Westside. Its primary goals are to support families to achieve financial independence through a holistic effort encompassing simultaneous high quality whole family supports in the areas of family coaching, workforce development, child and youth development, and family well-being. For an overview of the concept of Two-Generation work see a high-level description by Ascend at the Aspen Institute. A diagram featuring the primary components of the work of the local San Antonio Dual Generation initiative is also available for review.
A shared client management system named Signify Community is utilized to allow partner agencies to coordinate work with families served through the initiative. It houses the client-level progress and outcome data on the Dual Generation Initiative families supported by all partner agencies and is used to evaluate initiative outcomes over time. Management of this platform and analysis of its data are at the core of the responsibilities of the position.
We are seeking a new team member who is committed to social justice and race equity work and interested in supporting this initiative by lending it their technical and data skills.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Coordination of Signify Community client management system design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance in partnership with Signify Health design staff on both core system and report design to ensure adherence to required data collection standards and needs.
- Planning, design, and execution of partner agency staff training on Signify Community and ongoing user support.
- Development and maintenance of user documentation for Signify Community and reporting tools and processes.
- Development and implementation of quality control mechanisms on data entered or imported into Signify Community by partner agencies.
- Lead virtual Signify Community office hours, training, and Q&A sessions on a regular basis.
- Design and maintenance of performance dashboards in Tableau & Looker Business Intelligence tools.
- Design, implementation, and preparation of initiative level and partner agency performance reports and participation in monthly initiative progress reviews.
- Presentation of performance data at partner meetings and to leadership staff on a monthly basis.
- Participation in translating ongoing initiative data into actionable insights for continuous improvement efforts.
- Participation in grant performance audits both on- and off-site as needed.
- Participation in performance measurement and evaluation activities as required by UWSA or other grant funders.
- Responsible for data reporting to other funders of the initiative based on the client-level data collected through the Signify Community platform.
- Member of the UWSA data team with a contributing role in the integration of client level data efforts and other data- and evaluation-related topics across the organization.
- Participation in capacity building efforts (both providing and receiving) including on measurement, collective impact frameworks (e.g. Results Based Accountability), and data use for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization with focus on relationships in Partners for Community Change team. Reports to the Vice President of Planning and Evaluation.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years in social services/human services or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with client management information systems design and maintenance, ideally past experience with Signify Community.
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, and/or Looker.
- Experience with data Extract / Transform / Load (ETL) tools such as KNIME or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate datasets to identify and analyze trends and complex relationships.
- Experience working with complex datasets and database structures.
- Experience in the use of data analysis and predictive analytics packages (R, Python pandas, KNIME, STATA, SPSS, SAS, or similar).
- Experience with MS SQL database management and queries.
- Analytical experience with Excel and the remainder of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in modern collaboration tools (MS Teams, Box.com, Monday.com, or similar)
- Experience in contributing to program evaluation and performance measurement efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and learn how to apply new methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent member of a small and highly interdependent team.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data to insights to action.
- Experience in approaching data design and analysis with an equity lens.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present in community settings and to convey technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
- Potential for varying degrees of remote work as indicated by environmental factors such as COVID-19
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Hours are Monday-Friday 8:15 am to 4:45 pm with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Primary job location is 700 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205. Some time to be spent at Eastside and or Westside offices where provider services are co-located.
COMPETENCIES: Technologically Proficient, Communication Skills, Relationship Building
- Compensation commensurate with applicant qualifications and experience.
- Applicant must be able to pass a required criminal background check through the State of Texas.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- For more information on United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County visit https://www.unitedwaysatx.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Should you experience problems submitting your application via http://bit.ly/uwsajobs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.