The Data department manages data governance, data standards, information privacy, business intelligence, and reporting. This is a technical role responsible for database systems, reporting, data integration, and developing policies, ideas, and procedures. The Data Manager will interact with a number of internal (United Way) and external (customer) individuals from data entry clerks through corporate executives. The Data Manager is a key contributing role managing all aspects of data and databases across the organization.
• This position is the lead contributor of our Data team which oversees and supports all data systems across the organization.
• Work as part of the Data team to develop and implement Data Governance and Data Standards for the entire organization.
• Day-to-day management of information technology including databases, integration services, and business intelligence tools.
• Consult with staff to understand requirements and opportunities to support data informed decision making.
• Create and maintain documentation as required to facilitate departmental and corporate operations.
• Train data analyst and business staff in the use of reporting and Business Intelligence tools.
• Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Responsible for facilitation and support of cross organizational data needs by creating and improving data, reporting, and Business Intelligence processes.
• Responsible for creating, documenting, and managing data integration between database systems.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in administering large relational databases, and/or in computer science or information systems.
• 5 or more years’ hands on experience related to managing large relational databases.
• 5 or more years’ hands on experience in use of Microsoft SQL Queries, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
• Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, QlikSense, ESRI, etc. a plus.
• 3 or more years’ hands on experience with middleware systems for data integration.
• 2 or more years’ hands on experience in creating, validating, and analyzing statistical models.
• Experience managing vendor relationships and outsourced projects.
• Ability to understand and solve complex business problems and be able to articulate the problems and solutions to all levels of management.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Productivity Products (MS Office, Visio, etc.)
• Must be a self-starter and able to handle pressure effectively.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Ability to relate and communicate to all levels of business and technical staff.
• Ability to discern and maintain confidentiality of assigned work.
• Cooperative, tactful and courteous attitude.
• Work in the nonprofit sector or in Health and Human Services is a plus!
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES: WHO WE ARE & HOW WE WORK TOGETHER…THE UNITED WAY
Steward the Vision
Uphold and support our strategy.
Embrace big picture; focus on efforts that add significant value.
Nurture commitment to our common vision and shared values.
Act with Integrity
Uphold organizational values in all business dealings.
Do what is right and ethical across all constituencies.
Maintain high standards of personal integrity with colleagues and volunteers.
Commitment to Service
Work hard to understand and do what is best for our community and our customers.
Demonstrate urgency in meeting community, volunteers, customer and organizational needs.
Balance organizational needs and customer needs to achieve mutually beneficial results.
Create a climate of energy, excitement and personal investment.
Encourage & Embrace Innovation
Curious and exploratory regarding creative ideas and solutions.
Seek continuous improvement in products, services and processes.
Facilitate implementation of processes that produce improved service and community outcomes.
Demonstrate Mutual Respect
Act to preserve relationships, even under challenging circumstances.
Respect and appreciate individual differences in perspective and background.
Treat others fairly and consistently.
Respond to the concerns and cares of co-workers and the community.
Integrate efforts across organizations, and within functions and departments.
Promote working together and remove obstacles to teamwork.
Work through conflict to create results.
Align individual goals with organizational strategies.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to regularly use hands, frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Traditional office work environment
Outdoors work environment
Non-traditional work hours
Travel: Less than 20%, primarily to regional offices, as needed
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation