Data Entry Clerk
United Way of Brevard, Florida (UWB) was established in 1957 by a group of concerned individuals who wanted to help those who were in need. Our work focuses on the building blocks of a good life – Education, Income and Health. Our community wins when kids succeed in school, adults can secure a good job, manage their finances, and provide a healthy environment for their families. Together, the contributions of thousands of individual donors become a force for change in the community.
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for inputting data and making changes to existing data figures in digital databases.
- Enter data into computer systems accurately and efficiently.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Perform data verification and validation to ensure accuracy.
- Generate reports and pivot tables to summarize data.
- File and organize documents as needed.
- Transcribe information from various sources into digital format.
- Assist with order entry and data collection processes.
- Provide general administrative support as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Environment, Physical Activity, and Mental Demands
- The environment for this position is an open office that is clean and comfortable. The position is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he/she is free to move about at will and may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. This position will have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The individual in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 15 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, and reaching.
- The individual in this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, beeper, copy, fax machines, calculator, typewriter, personal computer, related printers, and related office equipment.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a clerical or administrative role preferred.
- Experience with pivot tables and data analysis is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in basic math and data entry skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment and computer systems.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact.
- Able to build trust in United Way and its relevance in the community.
- Values the network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
- Understand community trends and human service issues.
- Ability to build relationships with different types of people, including clients, organization members, and providers.
United Way of Brevard is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, a learning environment, and employee benefits to include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a retirement plan. Please apply online or submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
ABOUT BREVARD COUNTY FLORIDA
Brevard County, Florida, also known as Florida’s Space Coast, is a groundbreaking region along the east coast of the Sunshine State. Home to the world-famous launch pads of Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Brevard County’s rich history is built upon generations of high-tech talent, yet boasts a small-town community feel where members can truly make a difference. With an abundance of amenities for the right work-life balance, Florida’s Space Coast offers a unique lifestyle with tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, year-round outdoor recreation, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Even the world's most significant vacation playground is just a short ride, which means you can get annual passes for endless access to the thrills and off-season crowds at Orlando theme parks and attractions, all while enjoying the relaxed oceanside community that has sent man to the moon, and continues to launch advances for humankind. You can learn more about the endless lifestyle options found here, at www.LiveBigSpaceCoast.com.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $31,000 to $40,000 per year