United Way of Greater Kansas City serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education, and financial stability.
We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
Reporting to the Director, Data & Insights, United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC) is seeking a Data & Insights Specialist responsible for data mining and importing, data analysis and database and CRM management to support effective data gathering and analysis for United Way of Greater Kansas City.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data & Insights Specialist supports multiple departments including Individual Giving and Development. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Complete data analysis and provide key takeaways for recipients of the data.
- Importing and exporting data from databases and multiple e-commerce platforms.
- Work to automate processes, where available.
- Complete ad hoc data requests, as required.
- Work with the Data & Insights team on analysis, assisting in developing metrics to determine and report departmental successes.
- Support Development Team in setting up and managing online campaigns, as necessary.
- Support the ongoing data integrity of the CRM system.
- Create, develop and support reporting mechanisms and processes to ensure cross-departmental information sharing and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the Director, Data & Insights.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, additional or equivalent related experience.
- Experience working with a relational database, including SQL commands.
- 2-3 years’ experience preferred with the Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Automate and Power BI.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Forms, Lists and standard Office Apps including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Familiarity with a CRM system, databases, online giving platforms and other software.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a team while working independently, setting priorities, juggling tasks as needed and completing projects within specified timeframes.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare detailed documentation of processes used for internal training and presentations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate and lead across departments and projects.
- Strong analytical and intuitive thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to practice and adhere to organizational values.
- Hybrid (combined virtual and in-person office)
- Full health and dental coverage; Flexible paid vacation plus sick leave; 403b with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities
UWGKC is an Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.