United Way of Greater Chattanooga (UWGC) is currently searching for an experienced Data and Compliance Coordinator for the Tennessee DOE-funded Tennessee Accelerating Literacy and Learning Corps tutoring program. This is a full-time position and will be part of the Community Investments Department. This position reports to Program Manager, DOE Grant.
Purpose of Position
United Way of Greater Chattanooga (UWGC) is currently searching for an experienced Data and Compliance Coordinator for the Tennessee DOE-funded Tennessee Accelerating Literacy and Learning Corps tutoring program. This position will be a part of United Way’s community investments team, working to make long-term change toward the organization’s Impact Agenda. The focus of the program centers around educational inequities by incorporating high-dosage tutoring into the K-12 school day. The data manager will primarily be responsible for aggregating data and developing recurring and one-time reports for both internal use as well as for external stakeholders.
Data is essential to helping us meet our goals and drive our organizational mission. We are searching for a well-organized and detail-oriented individual who can work with data to generate high-level insights about our program and present this information in the form of data reports and data dashboards. The data manager will be responsible for overseeing the following data-related functions and communicating key trends and findings to program leadership:
- The management and maintenance of program databases.
- The administration of stakeholder survey data for program evaluation.
- The collection of tutor attendance data used for payroll and program improvement.
- The aggregation and communication of student-tutor microdata to satisfy grant requirements.
- Pulling and aggregating data to develop reports
- Maintaining spreadsheets and other tools used in data compliance
- Locating and fixing errors in reports
- Designing reports and processes to manage contacts, including contractor payroll, partner reimbursement process, and tutor background check process
- Training others on how to use and create reports
- Working with our technology team to improve data-related processes
- Communicating data findings to key program stakeholders
- Creating sustainable processes, practices, and infrastructure to support our data needs
- Ensures compliance with district, state and federal policies, regulations, and laws
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or a related field required.
- Advanced Excel user
- Data reporting experience strongly encouraged.
- A strong command of technology and an interest in effective utilization of technology.
- Process and procedure building
- Candidate must be an effective communicator who can report findings within business teams, to end users, to project leaders, and to external stakeholders.
Core Competencies Required
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. UWGC does have flexible work arrangements available.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.