The purpose of this position is to work collaboratively with the Information Management team, UWCO staff, funded partners, and community stakeholders to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into decisions. The Data Analyst Manager will collect, manipulate, perform statistical analysis on, and interpret data to help build capacity in the use of information in evaluating the efficacy of and continually improving upon our work in reducing poverty.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Works with UWCO staff and partners to support the development and implementation of performance measurement systems and reporting practices, including setting appropriate and measureable Population and Program/Investment area baselines, indicators, outcomes and results under UWCO’s Integrated Investment Model.
- Performs research and provides information to help stakeholders use appropriate and reliable data to make sound comparisons and interpretations.
- Works closely with Accountability, Community Impact, and other UWCO staff, and funded partners, to understand information needs, works within various data systems (e.g., Accountability, ANDAR, CRM, Care Coordination Data Hub, among others) to convert data into actionable information, and maximize the use of data as part of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Links data systems, extracts, joins, stores, and loads data, creates stored procedures to automate data flows, and writes queries and scripts.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends, patterns or issues in complex data sets, including how much work is done, how well it is done, and the impact on those served.
- Identifies themes unique to populations, profiles of participants, as well as other useful data for internal UWCO staff, funded partners, and stakeholders.
- Develops and analyzes standard, recurring reports that provide regular status updates/real time feedback, and provides customized and specialized reports.
- Creates effective dashboards and data visualizations to track and analyze performance indicators.
- Identifies opportunities to improve analytical approaches and tools.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Designs, develops, documents, creates, tests or modifies computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Maintains an active role with the development, implementation and ongoing use of the Marketing/RD database(s) and other organizational database systems as needed.
- Assures data integrity – e.g., assures data is as up-to-date, accurate, and complete as possible – as well as backed-up and secure.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources.
- Assists with the installation, operation and maintenance of new technologies.
- Assists in requirements gathering, training, and technical assistance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent listening, collaboration, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and a strong grasp of research design.
- Proven ability to collect, manipulate, and utilize large amounts data, and interpret data so that it provides meaningful and actionable information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively link data across systems, and assure data accuracy, completeness, and integrity.
- Demonstrated skill in statistical packages (such as SPSS, SAS, R ).
- Superior knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI).
- Driven to pose questions and hunt down solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and work in partnership with diverse groups of staff, volunteers, donors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex data in an understandable way to a variety of audiences, through data representations, dashboards, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and support for United Way’s Mission and Vision Statements, Confidentiality Standards and Policies & Procedures.
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus, follow-through and organization.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism.
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer sciences, statistics, economics, public policy, marketing, or related field and 3-5 years or more of experience in data analytics.
- Demonstrated effective prior experience in database management, data reporting systems and programs, data analyses, data mining, and/or business analytics.
- Expertise in developing and implementing queries, reports, and data visualizations.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical tools, as well as Excel and Tableau.
- Thorough appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to, diversity.
- Posting Date: September 7, 2017
- Application Deadline: September 25, 2017
Please Note: Submit your resume and cover letter no later than the application deadline using the following link: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/. Applicants will see a message after successfully completing the online application process.
If a message does not appear, then the application was not successfully completed. Please
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.