United Way of Greater Kansas City serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability.
We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director, Data & Insight, we seek an Data Analyst responsible for data mining and importing, data analysis and visualization, identifying patterns and trends in data, and database and CRM management to support effective data gathering and analysis for United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Data Analyst provides reporting for multiple departments including Donor Research and Development. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Completing data analysis and provide key takeaways for recipients of the data.
- Building and maintaining reporting dashboards in Power BI.
- Importing and exporting data from databases and multiple online-giving platforms.
- Updating and maintain records in Dynamics CRM.
- Completing ad hoc data requests as required.
- Filtering and “cleaning” data, adhering to data standards.
- Managing data cleanup, identifying active and expired records, as well as linking records.
- Working with the Director, Data & Insights on analysis, assists in developing metrics to determine and report departmental success.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, additional or equivalent related experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience with data analysis, trends and data visualization tool; Power BI preferred.
- Demonstrated management of multiple high priorities with great attention to detail and execution.
- Experience working with a relational database.
- CRM experience; Dynamics 365 preferred.
- Familiarity with industry-standard sources of data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with a CRM system, databases, online giving platforms and other software.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a team while working independently, setting priorities, juggling tasks as needed and completing projects within specified timeframes.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare detailed documentation of processes used for internal training and presentations.
- Strong analytical and intuitive thinking in a fast-paced environment is important.
- Demonstrated ability to practice and adhere to organizational values.