United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
Impact Data Officer
San Antonio, Texas
STARTING SALARY RANGE:
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) is seeking to fill the position of a Data Analyst. This position is assigned to its Dual Generation Initiative, a multi-sector and multi-agency effort to support families with young children 0-10 years on both San Antonio’s Eastside and Westside. Its primary goals are to support families to achieve financial independence through a holistic effort encompassing simultaneous high quality whole family supports in the areas of family coaching, workforce development, child and youth development, and family well-being. For an overview of the concept of Two-Generation work see a high-level description by Ascend at the Aspen Institute. A diagram featuring the primary components of the work of the local San Antonio Dual Generation initiative is also available for review.
A shared client management system named Signify Community is utilized to allow partner agencies to coordinate work with families served through the initiative. It houses the client-level progress and outcome data on the Dual Generation Initiative families supported by all partner agencies and is used to evaluate initiative outcomes over time. Management of the Signify Community platform and use of its data for analysis, learning, and action are at the core of the responsibilities of the position.
We are seeking a team member who is committed to social justice and race equity work and interested in supporting this initiative by lending it their technical and data skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Coordination of Signify Community client management system design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance in partnership with Signify Health design staff on both core system and report design to ensure adherence to required data collection standards and needs.
- Planning, design, and execution of partner agency staff training on Signify Community and ongoing user support.
- Development and maintenance of user documentation for Signify Community and reporting tools and processes.
- Development and implementation of quality control mechanisms on data in Signify Community and ongoing collaboration with partner agency staff to ensure high data quality.
- Lead virtual Signify Community office hours, training, and Q&A sessions on a regular basis.
- Design and maintenance of performance dashboards in Tableau & Looker Business Intelligence tools.
- Design, implementation, and preparation of initiative level and partner agency performance reports and participation in monthly initiative progress reviews.
- Presentation of performance data at partner meetings and to leadership staff on a monthly basis.
- Participation in translating ongoing initiative data into actionable insights for continuous improvement efforts.
- Participation in grant performance audits both on- and off-site as needed.
- Participation in performance measurement and evaluation activities as required by UWSA or other grant funders.
- Responsible for data reporting to other funders of the initiative based on the client-level data collected through the Signify Community platform.
- Member of the UWSA data team with a contributing role in the integration of client level data efforts and other data- and evaluation-related topics across the organization.
- Participation in capacity building efforts including on measurement, collective impact frameworks (e.g. Results Based Accountability), and data use for continuous improvement.
- Will regularly spend time outside of the UWSA office in the Eastside and/or Westside service footprint working with partner agencies
- Closely collaborates with the Systems Director for Dual Generation.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years in social services/human services or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with client management information systems design and maintenance, ideally past experience with Signify Community.
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Looker.
- Experience with data Extract / Transform / Load (ETL) tools such as Tableau Prep, KNIME, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate datasets to identify and analyze trends and complex relationships.
- Experience working with complex datasets and database structures.
- Experience in the use of data analysis and predictive analytics packages (R, Python pandas, KNIME, STATA, SPSS, SAS, or similar).
- Experience with MS SQL database management and queries.
- Analytical experience with Excel and the remainder of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in collaboration tools (MS Teams, Box.com, Monday.com, or similar)
- Experience in contributing to program evaluation and performance measurement efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and learn how to apply new methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent member of a small and highly interdependent team.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data to insights to action.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to the varying data needs of stakeholders.
- Experience in approaching data design and analysis with an equity lens.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present in community settings and to convey technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available
- Paid holidays, volunteer, days, personal days and sick leave time
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Exposure to glare from a computer.
- Weekend and evening hours required
- Work remotely as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.uwsatx.org