Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
This Crisis & 988 Director is responsible for assisting in the management and leadership of the 988/Lifeline program, including directly supervising the 988 Team Leads and Specialists answering 988 calls. This position facilitates new hire onboarding and training and will provide coaching, mentoring, and consultation to 988 staff thereafter. This position will be responsible for performing a monthly review of call recordings and documentation as outlined in policy and procedure. This position is responsible for assisting in direct service needs, including providing coverage and on-shift consultation to Crisis & 988 Specialists and Team Leads. This position is responsible for identifying trends in metrics and maintaining the 24/7/365 staff schedule. This position works collaboratively with leadership in reviewing policy, procedures, training, and business practices to ensure compliance with funder contractual obligations and accreditation standards.
- Track metrics and identify trends, implement measures to improve metrics on an ongoing basis
- Review call recordings and documentation in collaboration with the 988 Team Leads and assist in providing coaching and training to existing staff according to identified training needs
- Monitor staff compliance with Lifeline Best Practices and agency/department policies and standard operating procedures
- Attend and participate in monthly Lifeline clinical support conference calls
- Submit any required data to funders as requested
- Assist in retention and engagement strategies to continually energize existing staff
- Actively participate in audit and accreditation activities
- Occasional travel to meetings and conferences
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Determine program protocol and develop training materials, and administer training as needed.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop project plans
- Lead, track and monitor progress with status report to leadership
- Coordinate and lead meetings
- Measure program performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to Head of Basic Needs as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive program documentation
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Utilize available tools to appropriately document programs and processes
- Provide program support and oversight to accommodate growth in 988
- Identify program related data needs to help recognize programmatic trends and best practices
- Provide, implement, and monitor recommendations as a result of investigations and audits and ensure follow-through of internal/ external auditing, as assigned.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that programs meet the needs of the consumers served
- All other duties, as assigned
- Provide on-site, remote, and after-hours supervision to the 988 program, including consultations, debriefing, arranging coverage, and other duties as needed
- Create and maintain a remote platform using Microsoft Teams for staff training, enrichment, support, and overall supervision
- Assist in staff interviews and new hire onboarding process, including interview follow-up, and remote technology set-up
- Collaborate with team lead on training logistics, including coordinating remote training, module assessments, role plays, shadowing, and other training activities
- Maintain the 24/7 Team Lead and Call Specialist schedule, schedule/facilitate breaks to reduce the impact on call metrics
- As needed, answer incoming 988 calls and engage the client in emotional support, utilizing suicide intervention techniques as appropriate
- Operate within legal requirements of applicable state and federal laws including HIPAA confidentiality requirements regarding imminent risk and mandated reporting (i.e., Police Interventions, CPS & APS referrals, Tarasoff Duty to Warn), assist staff in compliance with state and federal laws
- Act as a representative and spokesperson at meetings, conferences and events, and in communications with network centers, SAMHSA, and other partners, as needed
- Establish relationships and regular engagements with external partners, collaborators, and vendors in support of successful completion of project goals and deliverables
- Performs other duties/responsibilities, as assigned, within the scope of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of recent, directly related experience, including (1) year of supervisory experience, required
- Master's degree in Healthcare, Public Health or Social Sciences (along with professional clinical licensure LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, PhD, PsyD if applicable) preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, mental health, suicide prevention, crisis intervention and/or mental health information and referral services experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass and maintain Level II Background screening
- Must successfully complete AIRS Certified Resource Specialist (CRS) exam once eligible.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage time efficiently
- Working knowledge of the organization of the agency and of state and federal agencies managing programs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and job duties
- Ability to take the initiative and seek information from available resources
- Demonstrated respect for diversity
- Experience and high degree of comfort with public speaking, including media interviews, presentations to senior level executives, public officials, and other key policy makers, decision makers, and influencers.
- Strong document and report writing skills, including experience in writing policies & procedures, management reports, etc.
- Skilled in data analysis, interpretation and turning data into useful information to inform decision-making and continuous process improvements
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality.
- A hands-on manager with a desire to work in a dynamic mission-driven environment.
- Strong commitment to developing and teaching team members.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with multiple overlapping priorities.
- 211/LIFE LINE is a 24/7 operation open 365 days per year with a variety of shifts available. Work schedule may include evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Schedule may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of 211/LIFE LINEs clients. Required to be responsive and available for shifts as much as 12 hours in length during call surges and declared emergencies.
- 211/LIFE LINE is a hybrid work environment. The possibility of remote work is dependent on performance, reliability, and a private work space which may include access to a private, secure and stable internet connection.
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.