Cradle-College-Career (C3) Local College Access Network
Job Title: C3 LCAN Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, 30-40 hours/week (non-exempt)
Salary Range: $32,500- $35,000
Reports to: C3 Stakeholder Council in partnership with the United Way of Wapello County
Cradle-College-Career (C3) LCAN is a collaboration of education, business, government, labor, and non-profit sectors, working together to increase the number of Ottumwa students and citizens alike who are ready for, have access to, and persist in reaching their goals to obtain a college degree and/or credential. In order to meet the demand for educated workers, as well as build and sustain a vibrant, healthy economy, C3 builds a network to create opportunities to ensure that all students know and understand the steps to pursue and complete a college degree or credential. Partners involved with C3 LCAN include, but are not limited to, Buena Vista University, City of Ottumwa, Great Prairie AEA, Indian Hills Community College, Iowa State University Extension, Iowa Workforce Development, JBS USA, Job Corps, John Deere Ottumwa, Ottumwa Community School District, Ottumwa Economic Development Corporation, Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation, Sieda Community Action, and United Way of Wapello County.
The C3 Local College Access Network seeks to:
- Create a college-going culture in the community that values degree and/or credential completion.
- Identify and remove barriers that prevent students from pursuing college degrees or credentials.
- Coordinate college access and success services and activities that encourage the pursuit and completion of college degrees and/or credentials.
- Inform Ottumwa residents about pathways that lead to local employment and careers.
The C3 LCAN Coordinator is responsible for coordinating career and college access resources in a strategic, efficient, and accountable manner. The C3 LCAN Coordinator is the primary connection between the Stakeholder Council, the Action Teams, and the community at-large with an emphasis on recruiting more community partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the LCAN uses the Common Agenda as a framework and moves the project in that direction.
- Promote and execute the overall strategic direction of the C3 LCAN Stakeholder Council. Work collaboratively with the Stakeholder Council and Action Team Chairs to develop and implement the C3 LCAN Common Agenda.
- Manage data collection and analysis. Create and maintain reports regarding activities and outcomes related to the shared goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Coordinate marketing and community outreach efforts and Action Team work.
- Facilitate dialogue between partners. Develop and maintain effective communication systems among network partners.
- Mobilize funding. Build relationships and collaborate with local, state, and national organizations to leverage resources, securing grants and other funding as needed.
- Assist with annual budget development and provide effective stewardship of financial resources.
- Work closely with the Ottumwa Community School District and Indian Hills Community College to share information related to student data, events, resources, and professional development opportunities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops to stay abreast of local, state, and national college access issues and resources.
- Work closely with Iowa College Aid to receive technical assistance, resources, and best practices applicable to the work of the C3 LCAN.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
This position requires an outgoing, dynamic, highly organized and skilled employee who has a proven track record in organization, communication, strategic thinking, and being a strong team player. Critical skills include:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills; comfortable working and collaborative with CEO-level leaders, employers, educators, youth, and community members.
- Supervisory or project management experience preferred
- Passion for working with individuals of all backgrounds in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Strong foundation in problem solving and research and the ability to share best-practice solutions and strategies.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to use technology including Microsoft Office and social media
- Ability to analyze data and determine what is relevant from various research activities
- Familiarity with K-12, higher education, and postsecondary access practices.
- Licensed to drive in the State of Iowa and ability to provide proof of adequate insurance.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check and/or fingerprinting.
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a human services or education related field. Preference given to Master’s or Doctoral students.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.