CORPORTATE FUNDRAISING MANAGER
We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As a team, we are also committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who Are We Looking For?
Are you a results-oriented fundraiser with a passion for building relationships to create change in the community? Do you excel at customer service and consistently practice responsiveness and accountability? The Corporate Fundraising Manager applies their relationship and project management skills along with fundraising best practices to create mutually beneficial partnerships to secure funds. You’ll work independently and as a member of the Resource Development team to raise $3.5 million annually.
What You'll Do
Corporate Workplace Fundraising: Serve as the lead account manager to plan and implement successful United Way workplace fundraising campaigns with local businesses. Develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue goals with each account taking into consideration company objectives, goals, and culture. Develop and grow meaningful relationships with key company leaders, ambassadors and employee groups. Support the Sr. Director of Development in managing priority workplace campaigns and partnerships.
Department Coordination: Coordinate departmental and inter-departmental projects including mailings, fundraising events, donor touchpoints, recognition programs and promotional materials.
Identify, cultivate, and solicit new businesses for partnership opportunities including corporate giving, volunteerism, and employee engagement. Participate and represent United Way at networking and community events to increase visibility of United Way and build new relationships.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Fundraising Experience: Two to three years of proven work experience as a fundraiser or similar role in a non-profit, strong leadership qualities with relevant training and/or certifications in fundraising preferred. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Relationship Building: Skills to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders and create a consistent, positive experience for donors and organizations at every touch point. Collaborate and build relationships across the organization.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal communication and writing skills that translate into a variety of work products such as effective presentations, solicitation emails, and strategic proposals. Comfort and ability to represent and speak about United Way in a variety of settings and with diverse audiences.
- Project Management Skills: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritizing and planning for highest productivity.
- Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams. Experience with personalized large scale and small mailings required.
- Database/CRM: Experience with Salesforce or other CRM products preferred. Knowledge of online giving platforms a plus.
- Flexibility: Occasional evening or weekend hours are required. Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to and from meetings in greater New Haven is necessary.
The salary for this position is $50,000-$55,000. In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
United Way staff currently work in a hybrid environment, and this role is expected to work 3 days per week in our New Haven office.
ABOUT UNITED WAY
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Basic Needs, and Financial Stability. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to our organizational values.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t check off every box in the requirements listed above? Please apply anyway! Studies have shown that marginalized communities - such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color - are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. United Way of Greater New Haven is dedicated to building an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible workplace that fosters a sense of belonging – so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider submitting an application. You may be just the right candidate for this role or another one of our openings!
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $51,000 to $60,000 per year