By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The Corporate Social Responsibility Manager plays an essential role in the division’s efforts through the effective and efficient leadership of a cross-functional team responsible for coordinating, implementing, analyzing and reporting the results of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts managed by United Way on behalf of one or more corporate partners.
- Implement year-round engagement and service delivery plan consistent with customer agreement and with goal to deepen United Way’s relationship with client through expanded delivery of services.
- Working with internal United Way team, United Way Worldwide and company’s CSR leadership teams, assist with the planning of client company’s CSR strategies.
- Serve as cross-functional team leader to ensure detail oriented, client focused and highest quality implementation of client companies’ CSR strategies, including the following as needed:
- Manage processes established for client company’s grant, membership and sponsorship solicitation, decision-making, notification, and reporting.
- In coordination with internal partners develop and maintain necessary grantmaking platforms and ensure the quality and validity of data they contain.
- In coordination with Finance, process and track all contributions, and prepare monthly reports on budget/expenses, meeting all budget expectations
- Coordinate and support meetings of company’s CSR leadership and market teams including prep materials and the following: agenda, minutes, data for decision making, financial summaries, generating notes and coordinating follow-up
- Employee Engagement
- In coordination with Volunteer Center, develop and implement program to encourage, track and reward employee volunteerism, including the administration of gifts to support employee volunteer efforts; provide candidate training, and track and report on nonprofit, civic and community board participation of client companies’ leadership
- In coordination with out of area United Ways, source volunteer opportunities for Spire employees across Spire’s markets.
- Manage processes established for employee matching gifts program
- Coordinate and implement client company’s employee campaigns
- In coordination with Marketing, ensure all internal and external correspondence, including letters, emails, fact sheets, articles, digital copy, and reports related to CSR reflects the voice, tone and messaging of client company’s mission and strategy
- In partnership with Marketing, generate the data necessary to share the story of client company’s CSR efforts and impact effectively and compellingly
- Review and finalize client-facing and internal reporting, including donor activity and progress reports, ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness, guide clients through review of reports as appropriate.
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, and out-of-market United Ways, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries.
- Attend all appropriate events, providing day-of and follow-up assistance as required.
- Participate in the development of annual action plan for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure consistent implementation, and recommend improvements, of up-to-date policies and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of all levels of volunteers.
- Continually research CSR opportunities, best practices, trends and benchmark data to inform United Way and client company’s CSR efforts.
- Actively participate in identified opportunities for professional growth, including supervisory and team meetings, trainings, and organization-wide events.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All work contributes to the attainment of the following strategic plan initiatives:
- Clearly articulate and communicate UW’s value proposition.
- Partner with companies/organizations to achieve CSR, philanthropic and community engagement goals.
- Increase the value and visibility of the Volunteer Center for corporate and community clients.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 1-2 years of experience in sales or fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management; or equivalent, in job-related areas is required
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Specific knowledge of best practices in donor service delivery, engagement and retention
- Understanding and supportive of United Way and its philosophy, goals and role in the community
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive, working relationships with all staff, volunteers, and the overall community
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work under time and performance pressure
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the both expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated decision-making ability based on excellent judgement applied within the context of operating policies and processes and organizational values
- Hold self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and effective results
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications
United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working remotely 2 days per week. We offer an comprehensive benefits package including 12 days of vacation earned over the first 12 months of employment, sick pay, 10 company holidays, 5 1/2 Flexible/personal holidays, 3 volunteer days, parental leave, health, dental, vision and life insurance for you and your family, short term disability, long term disability, and a 403(b) with an organization match and 3 year vesting schedule.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and screening for illegal drug use
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer