Job Title: Corporate Relationship Manager – Tampa Bay Area
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy
Date: June 2018
Summary: The Corporate Relationship Manager, must be customer focused, data-driven, organized, strategically innovative and results oriented. He/she must believe and exemplify United Way Suncoast’s mission, vision and values.
The Corporate Relationship Manager maximizes revenue growth through self-initiated coordination efforts with campaign coordinators, volunteers and donors. He/she must be able to identify, develop and maintain high quality relationships with individuals within the workplace to attract and sustain resources to support United Way Suncoast’s strategic direction and community impact initiatives. In addition, must be able to grow donor retention, leadership dollars and assist with new business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as a professional representative of the United Way Suncoast, complying with established corporate guidelines and in support of the organization’s mission and vision.
- Serve as the point of contact and strategic consultant for community engagement within assigned portfolio of accounts and relationships, maintaining a focus on maximizing revenue, building donor loyalty and confidence, while implementing United Way Suncoast community impact objectives.
- Plan and execute specific year-round engagement opportunities as well as multi-year development action plans to ensure cultivation of relationships that drive revenue growth through workplace campaign and other resource products.
- Achieve goals with assigned key indicators of success including participation rates, resources under management, average gift, leadership giving and retention for key accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Serve as liaison and engage donors with United Way Suncoast affinity initiatives, Day of Caring, HandsOn Suncoast and other opportunities as identified.
- Responsible and accountable for problem solving, critical thinking and decision making to reach target results through strategy implementation.
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the active community investors by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size and regularly communicate the community impact those investments are making in the Suncoast region.
- Manage donor data efficiently and accurately utilizing Andar and CRM systems.
- Responsible for selling a new engagement platform, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, to current and new companies identified by United Way Suncoast.
- Accurately project annual and multi-year revenue through workplace portfolio.
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate to customers/donors and the community at large, United Way Suncoast’s community impact model, focus area activities and results.
- Participate in internal and external committees to gain and keep current United Way Suncoast understanding.
- Cultivate and develop new relationships with individuals and organizations to raise and leverage both financial and non-financial resources to achieve United Way Suncoast’s organizational goals.
- Participate in community and civic activities or organizations to increase networking and public awareness of United Way Suncoast.
- Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the United Way Suncoast organization.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ideal candidate understands the value of personal relationships in the business environment, has rapport with a wide range of people at varying levels in the organization, maintains composure in potentially stressful or difficult situations, and possesses a desire for professional development.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and four or more years of progressively responsible experience in the field of account management, fundraising, sales, or related field.
Knowledge of Account Management, Customer Service, Community Relations and/or Sales and Marketing, Project Management, Volunteer Management, Data Analytics, Written and Oral Communication Skills, High Expectancy, Self- Starter, Strategic Thinker/Planner. Fluency in Spanish highly desirable.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, interpersonal, persuasion, and presentation skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Business writing and supervisory skills are necessary. Problem sensitivity skills, cultural diversity skills and strategic thinking also required. Experience in consultative sales is preferred.
Presentation Skills: Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, news articles and professional publications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high-profile decision makers.
Computer and Analytic Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs. Data analysis, forecasting and strategic planning skills are preferred.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.