Summary of Job: This position will work closely with the Resource Development Staff to implement strategies that meet goals within workforce fundraising campaigns and year-round corporate engagement needs. This position is focused on providing a consultative approach to corporate philanthropy, which includes increasing workforce fundraising campaigns as well as corporate engagement through community impact.
Reporting Relationships: Employee reports to the Senior Vice President of Resource Development with oversight from the Senior Corporate Relationship Manager.
Other Key Relationships:
External: Account Executives, Employee Campaign Coordinators, Company CEOs, Donors, Campaign Cabinet volunteers, etc.
Internal: Senior Vice President of Resource Development, Senior Corporate Relationship Manager, Marketing Staff, Community Impact Staff, Finance Staff, and all other Staff of Capital Area United Way.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement strategic plans for assigned accounts to grow revenue through workforce fundraising campaigns. This includes but is not limited to:
- Pre-campaign, mid-campaign and post-campaign analysis/management that will lead to creating goals, strategies, and projections for assigned accounts that contribute to the overall workforce campaign goal.
- Maintain regular communication with assigned accounts and volunteers to grow revenue and improve donor relationships. This includes but is not limited to:
- Communications with Employee Campaign Coordinators (ECCs) to develop customized plans and share best practices for each account to increase revenue.
- Generating year-round company engagement through communications, sponsorships, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- With assistance from Corporate Engagement Manager, engaging companies in project and skills-based volunteer opportunities
- Ensures that accurate financial reports are received, documented, and tracked properly in Andar for all assigned accounts.
Additional Job Functions:
- Create and deliver campaign presentations at employee meetings or other related activities.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with key decision makers (individuals or groups) when appropriate.
- Assist Vice President of Resource Development and Director of Workplace Campaigns in managing Gottlieb Society and other affinity groups as needed.
- Represent Capital Area United Way’s brand in a positive manner in all aspects of personal dress, behavior, and communications.
- Maintain accurate and current financial and contact data for donors and accounts in Andar.
- Interact with other departments and works as part of a high functioning organizational team.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Participate in cross-functional activities and events in support of organization’s mission.
- Strive to evaluate and implement continuous improvement to processes while maintaining quality throughout the organization.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Strategic Thinking and Planning – Ability to think long-term, tying together the current operations with a more long-term focus.
- Innovation and Creativity – The ability to think outside the routine way of doing business and develop new and creative ways of addressing community needs.
- Flexibility/Resilience – The ability to adjust to and thrive in a complex and changing environment; handles setbacks and failures with professionalism and candor; effectively and appropriately responds in the face of adversity or conflict.
- Ability to Multi-Task – The ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments; prioritizes more important tasks while maintaining a good handle on others; reports in a timely manner any barriers to task completion level ample opportunities for supervisor to adjust deadlines.
- Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior – A genuine concern for effectiveness. Possesses the desire to get the job done with excellence; mentally, is focused on getting the best results for actions taken; does not settle for mediocrity.
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Two years of related experience (business administration, fundraising, business sales or consulting).
- Skilled in effective public speaking, written and verbal communication skills, training, organizing, and motivating others, work well independently and in a group.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Excellent leadership traits.
- Ability to work alone, multi-task, prioritize goals and objectives and work well under pressure.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite a must, Andar would be a plus.
General Physical Requirements:
- Sedentary Work: Employee needs the ability to perform the full range of sedentary work which requires the ability to lift 25 pounds at a time and to lift materials such as campaign material and event set ups.
- Physical Activities: Employee needs the ability to use a computer, have good problem-solving skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, good motivator, flexible, team player and patience.
- Transportation: Employee is required to have a valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and access to reliable transportation.
- Work Hours: Employee must have the ability to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends as required by the campaign and/or event.