Corporate Relations Senior Manager
1015 15th Street, NW Suite 1200, Washington, DC
Director, Corporate Engagement
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
United Way NCA offers competitive compensation and benefits including substantial paid leave, healthcare benefits, a matching retirement plan, and a great work environment.
Mission: United Way of the National Capital Area is committed to the health, education, and economic opportunity of every person in our community, regardless of race, gender, income, and ability.
We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of the public, private, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors, and the only organization that can mobilize the best resources and people to lead collective impact for our community. Through our Community Commitment and programmatic focus, we are transforming our region and changing the story for thousands of people in a meaningful way.
Who We Serve: The ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) population represents nearly 500,000 low- and moderate-income households in our region that earn more than the Federal Poverty Level but less than the basic cost of living for the county/state in which they live. United Way NCA’s ALICE Lives Here initiative is one of United Way NCA’s strategic programs established to address the issues of inequity in our systems for employment, education, health and food access, financial stability, and opportunities for all to grow to the best of their abilities.
Equity: Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is fundamental to our mission. We infuse DEI in all our business operations, hiring practices and community impact initiatives.
Overview: Are you driven and passionate about ensuring that everyone has equitable access to health, education, and economic opportunity? Are you a natural leader who loves to build and develop teams? Are you a change-agent who is looking to make a lasting impact in your community and within your organization? If so, you may be just what we are looking for as we expand our team. Take a closer look and reach out if you meet these qualifications.
Position Description: The Corporate Relations Fundraising Manager/Senior Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships and increasing annual revenue through the ideation, development, and implementation of comprehensive multi-year giving plans for current, lapsed, and prospective corporate partners. The role is responsible for stewarding and cultivating a donor portfolio comprised of multiple industry sectors and multiple revenue sources to include, but not limited to 1) Workplace Campaigns; 2) Grantmaking; 3) Sponsorships and 4) Community and Volunteer Engagement. As part of the Fundraising team, the Corporate Relations Fundraising Manager/Senior Manager will identify and recommend individuals for leadership engagement from corporations to expand participation in our affinity groups and drive revenue. The role requires excellent public speaking skills and the ability to deliver presentations to a range of audiences.
- Directly responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate partners generating $1M in annual revenue designated to United Way NCA.
- Increase annual revenue 3% - 5% from corporate partners through workplace campaign allocations, grants, and sponsorships.
- Identify new corporate partners to add to the portfolio for multi-year, holistic philanthropic support through workplace giving, grantmaking, sponsorships, and community and volunteer engagement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for corporate partner relationship management to key staff responsible for workplace campaign employee giving, corporate social responsibility, and volunteer engagement.
- Create comprehensive, integrated year-long stewardship workplans for current, lapsed, and prospective corporate partners, reflecting their giving data, areas of interest, and points of entry to the organization.
- Maintain complete records on the assigned accounts, results, and campaign activities using the CRM.
Corporate Partner Engagement
- In collaboration with the Community Impact Volunteer Engagement team, provide counsel and recommendations for annual employee engagement and volunteerism.
- Identify corporate partners to take leadership roles in United Way NCA initiatives and special events including but not limited to annual giving days, in-community service, and initiatives to advance programs and services for community pillars of health, education, and economic opportunity.
- Organize and attend corporate partner engagement related events.
- Represent United Way NCA at community functions and activities to network and help promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources.
- Collaborate with Finance department to leverage employee giving and engagement platforms (ex. ePledge, Benevity, Your Cause) and other technologies for more efficient revenue collection through execution of workplace campaigns, matching gifts, grants and special events.
- In collaboration with Donor Engagement Senior Manager, identify individual donors from workplace campaigns for personal engagement, in our affinity programs including but not limited to Young Philanthropists, Women United, and Regional Councils.
- In collaboration with the Director, Corporate Engagement and SVP, Marketing & Fundraising, identify and make recommendations for the Tocqueville Society, United Way’s major giving society.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Engagement team and Marketing, make recommendations for an annual communications plan to inform and engage corporate partners that advance the goals and objectives of United Way NCA.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Minimum 3 years in fundraising and/or business development, with demonstrated experience in moves management and relationship building with donors or clients, preferably through corporate giving, employee giving, grantmaking, and sponsorships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet predetermined revenue goals.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred. High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience in fundraising and/or business development required.
- Ability to engage corporate partners in the annual moves management cycle of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of taking concepts from ideation to implementation, ensuring consistent meeting of internal and external goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse audiences internally and externally.
- Superior and professional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working within a “team” fundraising and/or sales environment, leveraging shared resources to grow revenue and engagement opportunities.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently and build new relationships
- Proficiency in database management and Microsoft Office tools.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills that include sensitivity to donor information.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
Mission Focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
Relationship Oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
Results Driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations.
Brand Steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Successful candidates must pass criminal background and reference checks.
United Way of the National Capital Area
EOE M/F/D/V unitedwaynca.org
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience