Job Announcement – Corporate Relations Manager
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Development Team as a Corporate Relations Manager.
This position is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation, and evaluation of corporate, foundation and public funding strategies with 100 – 150 corporate, government and foundation partners to support financial and community goals of United Way. Works effectively with Board and fundraising volunteers in executing their fundraising assignments, including financial asks, personal introductions, and gathering strategic fundraising advice. Provides effective account management from opportunity identification, cultivation, asking, closing, and stewardship.
Works to develop relationships that result in increased financial support through a combination of grants, gifts, and sponsorships both independently and in collaboration with Development and Brand colleagues. Involves regular one-on-one interaction with “executive-level” volunteers, CEOs, elected officials and foundation staff..
- Generates corporate and grant revenue including corporate gifts, grants, sponsorships, and in-kind from a portfolio of approximately 150 partners.
- Develops, implements, and executes year-round partnership strategies to increase financial support for United Way of King County.
- Manages executive-level Board, Cabinet, and Ambassador Volunteers’ work in fundraising.
- New business development - identifies and creates new partnerships with government and public funders on innovative programs and investment opportunities. Analyzes giving trends and identifies opportunities for increased fundraising from portfolio.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Command of giving priorities and UWKC offerings to find mutually beneficial funding matches.
- Demonstrated persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written, including public speaking skills.
- Committed team player with strong record of collaboration – the Corporate Relations Manager will work directly with company leaders and sometimes through United Way colleagues.
- Demonstrated strategic skills and fearless about approaching new contacts and skilled in holding volunteers accountable.
- Entrepreneurial – willing to try new approaches and refine when needed.
- Flexible, comfortable, and credible with C-suite execs and government/community relations staff.
- Demonstrated task, time, and project management skills, demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives and use appropriate analytic techniques and tools to update projections regularly.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and independent judgment and/or action in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Intermediate computer skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office; Enterprise and Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Fundraising, Sales, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Must have at least 5 years’ experience in fundraising or sales/marketing. Experience in grants management or government relations preferred. Experience with face-to-face donor solicitation and fundraising techniques with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building required. High-level volunteer management background is highly desired.
The annual recruitment range is from $75,500 to $78,500 depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. The position is open until filled. Don’t hesitate, please apply here now.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
Additionally, we offer a full package of competitive benefits for our full-time, regular staff. Benefits include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance services
• Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
• 10 paid scheduled holidays
• 1 floating holiday and 1 discretionary day off
• Catastrophic leave
• Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
• 403(b) retirement savings plan and employer match
• Other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.