Corporate Engagement Manager
Volunteer Engagement/Fundraising and Engagement
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for promoting corporate volunteerism and developing committed United Way supporters through the development of strategic partnerships with companies in the UWCI 7 county service area and their employees. The Manager will work closely within the volunteer engagement team, and collaboratively with fundraising teams, to create and execute the strategies to maintain and grow the giving and engagement of corporate partners and employees. The Manager will proactively create and execute in-person and/or virtual volunteer and engagement opportunities, volunteer events and educational opportunities that align with UWCI initiatives to impact lives across the Central Indiana community. The Manager is also responsible for achieving goals around engagement opportunities within companies and related to donor acquisition, retention and growth.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Corporate Employee Engagement:Work with assigned fundraising portfolio todevelop and manage an annual strategy and execution plan to engage company employees in a variety of volunteer and engagement activities.
- Manage engagement experiences including but not limited to creating and delivering experiences, engaging volunteers and helping create a year-round engagement and communication plan.
- Be embedded with the corporate partners to understand their community engagement needs and be able to align them with UWCI initiatives and community needs.
- Proactively seek out unique volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Utilize knowledge of success with different types of engagement opportunities in specific companies to enhance the engagement strategy of other companies.
- Promotes and executes ongoing and episodic volunteer, advocacy and engagement opportunities that contribute to the advancement of UWCI's mission, organizational and community impact goals.
- Engagement Participant Stewardship: Responsible for creating and driving comprehensive and innovative strategies for engaging UWCI's constituents post participation in our programs.
- Analyze, in partnership with the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, the connection between engagement/volunteering and giving in all volunteer and engagement activities each campaign year.
- Create, implement and manage a stewardship plan for these individuals to increase volunteers and participants affinity for UWCI.
- Proactively suggest ways constituents could partner with UWCI and its associated network of community partners that will increase participant's affinity for UWCI.
- Annual Goals: Achieve established goals for annual fundraising and engagement, to be created annually in partnership with your leader. Work with other members of the UWCI team to ensure goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Analyze and utilize engagement data to create goals.
- Constituent Relationships: Work with UWCI's Impact team to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work, UWCI goals and priorities to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
- Relationships: Identify opportunities for community collaboration. Develop and maintain regular contact with community partners, community-based organizations and volunteers. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
- Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
* Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree or 5-6 years' equivalent experience in project management, volunteer management, business, or other related field required. Professional experience in a non-for-profit organization with demonstrated success in a project management/event coordination position and sales experience preferred. Knowledge of the central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred. Proven ability to write curriculum, facilitate workshops and small groups required. Must have effective verbal and written communication, events management, planning and team-building skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability from peers and colleagues , ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically and a commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Senior Director, Volunteer Engagement
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.