UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Engagement
Classification: Union Professional
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and re-imagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
With one in four families in the Bay Area struggling to make ends meet, the face of poverty might be closer than you think. It could be your co-worker, your neighbor, or your friend. Want to help us do something about it? UWBA seeks a talented and motivated fundraiser to join our outstanding team and support our mission: to be the catalyst that enables people to strengthen their communities by investing in one another. Do you have a history of building donor relationships? Are you passionate about community issues? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and highly visible role?
UWBA partners with hundreds of companies and thousands of individual supporters to address the community’s most pressing needs and drive sustainable results. It is the goal of our dynamic Development team to increase our number of new donors and deepen the relationships with our current donors.
The Corporate Engagement Manager will cultivate new business, manage and grow a portfolio of accounts, with a focus on corporate and employee engagement. This position will also steward and cultivate leadership level individual donors and prospects from within assigned accounts, and will identify new opportunities to raise funds year-round within and beyond those accounts.
The Corporate Engagement Manager will have the ability to work with a broad range of people, have strong fundraising skills, strong communication skills and the ability to interact with high level donors on an individual and group basis. This position will work closely with the Sr. Director of Corporate Engagement to develop and refine strategies for maximizing results and will collaborate with other team members within Development and across departments including the Finance, Marketing, and Community Impact Teams.
This is a professional exempt position reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Engagement. It is a full time, regular, 37.5 hour per week position. This
position is for the United Way Bay Area San Francisco Office.
What you'll do:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate prospects driving revenue through the acquisition of new partnerships, renewals, and upgrades with existing companies assigned increasing unrestricted and UWBA program revenue.
- Ensure corporate grants, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, cause marketing and employee giving/volunteer opportunities are explored, presented, and secured. Promote and demo the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform to new business; provide support to existing Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud accounts and work internally across teams on year-round engagement.
- Utilizing the Donor Prospecting and Sales Process, lead Development team efforts to increase the number of new corporate partnerships secured and revenue generated for UWBA.
- Work closely with the Development, Marketing, Volunteer and Community Impact Teams, and/or Affinity Group Teams to provide targeted opportunities for individuals and corporate employee groups to engage directly with UWBA programs and our mission.
- Develop and execute a corporate engagement and revenue raising strategy for new business and existing accounts that increase engagement and deepen relationships with individuals and leverage volunteerism to bring new supporters to our organization and to improve our relevancy with current supporters. This includes providing direct support to corporate accounts, i.e., speaking engagements, event facilitation, volunteer projects etc. for each account.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with corporate account representatives, serve as a resource to strengthen their corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies, talent acquisition and talent retention plans, and enhance their knowledge and support of UWBA.
- Manage on-going relationships with key leadership and donors in each of the assigned accounts.
- Accurately forecast, monitor and prepare progress reports on all accounts and individual donor portfolios. Maintain thorough communication logs in Salesforce.
- Manage volunteers, board members and organization stakeholders who will assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
Who you are:
- 2 years+ experience direct fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, and solid relationship management skills at all levels in organization.
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous tasks and customer relationships.
- Strong donor focus and understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relationships.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, ability to get job done.
- Team player who excels at working collaboratively – both listening and actively contributing - as well as independently.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfort and knowledge of Internet, experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Other non-profit/philanthropic experience/demonstrated interest desirable.
- A California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
- Support an inclusive environment and value the individual traits, skills and talents of all staff, volunteers, donors, and constituents.
Salary: $52,000.00 - 57,000.00 Salary Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
TO APPLY: Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter.
To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained any degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology”. Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.