Purpose of Position:
To develop and implement partnership strategies within assigned book of business, focused on growing investments in Orange County United Way’s Key Initiatives. The position objectives are to maximize investment growth through a concerted effort to establish and deepen meaningful relationships with corporate partner leadership and other key influencers. Position is responsible for managing relationships with a portfolio of assigned donors and corporate partners, which will also include interaction with the Development, Finance, Marketing and our Key Inititiatives on issues pertaining to gift processing and engagement in strategic and program activities as interests are identified.
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking
- Talent Development and Management
- Leading and Motivating
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communicating and Influencing
- Business Knowledge/Savvy
- Partnering and Teamwork
- Personal Excellence
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for community engagement for assigned book of business
- Formulate goals and strategies focused on growing investments in OCUW’s Key Initiatives and volunteerism
- Design, present and execute specific development action plans to ensure cultivation of relationships and to drive revenue growth, through workplace campaigns, affinity groups, and agency partners
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the active corporate partners and employees by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts and regularly communicating about Orange County United Way investments and the community impact those investments are making
- Manage limited number of major & leadership donors within workplace giving campaigns
- Organize corporate and donor data efficiently and accurately
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate to donors and the community at large, Orange County United Way’s community impact model, key initiatives and results
- Participate in internal and external committees/experiences to gain and keep current such understanding
- Direct and coach assigned Loaned Executives (LE’s), staff, and/or interns to play a role in training as requested
- Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the Orange County United Way organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree and/or two years of relevant work experience in fundraising/sales/customer service.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Hands on experience in relationship development and volunteer and staff management
- Experience tracking data and developing reports
- Ability to analyze financial and statistical data
- Time management and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams); Zoom
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools
- Commensurate with experience, education, and market $65,000 - $85,000 per year.
- Competitive benefits.
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are required as the employee will need to travel throughout Orange County to visit with donors at their preferred meeting locations and to travel to donor engagement events. Set-up and take down for donor engagement events. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds. Participation in early morning and evening meetings and events will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send cover letters & resumes to:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614