United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties is a nonprofit with a mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of community to advance the common good. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision a community in which all individuals achieve their full potential. United Way of Ottawa and Allegan counties supports, develops, and implements a range of impact solutions that improve lives and create stronger communities
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will play an important role in the coordination and management of the corporate engagement program for the Resource Development department. The Corporate Engagement Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Development and is responsible for managing stewardship activities and donor growth and retention for all corporate accounts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage a portfolio of corporate accounts, maintaining relationships and providing year-round engagement opportunities
- Assist and support the planning and implementation of workplace giving campaigns with assigned accounts including analyzing results and developing strategies, setting goals and monitoring progress
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with this work
- Effectively communicate the United Way message and mission through public speaking before groups of various sizes
- Manage the CRM system, maintain accurate and up-to-date information for assigned accounts, and produce reports, mailing lists, etc.
- Assist in the stewardship and cultivation of corporate donors, including research and preparation of materials for meetings, and facilitating accurate and effective communications
- Attends fundraising activities and work-related events, including those outside regular business hours as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains the highest ethical standards of conduct and communication in the stewardship of the resources entrusted to United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties by the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising or sales preferred
- Commitment to excellence and to providing exemplary customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective & engaging Communicator including public speaking
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management
- Project Management/organizational skills
- Consultative Sales skills
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible; can change focus and priorities easily; able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, able to anticipate outcomes and plan solutions
- General office condiditions
- Visiting other businesses
- Automobile travel
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Superior Performance
- Embracing & Managing Change
- A significant amount of travel within Ottawa and Allegan Counties is an integral part of this position.
This is a full-time position offering 40 hours per week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some early mornings or evening may be possible.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Please send resume’ and cover letter to Kelly Kean: firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer