Title: Corporate Engagement Director (CED)
Reports to: Director of Resource Development and Marketing (DRDM)
The CED works under the direction and guidance of the DRDM to effectively solicit individual and corporate investments in UWNU through year-round management of a workplace giving account portfolio.
- Manage the identification, cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of a portfolio of new and existing corporate partners.
- Establish new corporate relationships and start workplace campaigns.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to develop revenue streams with both existing and new corporate partnerships, including corporate gifts and sponsorships.
- Articulate the mission and vision of UWNU to diverse corporate and community audiences through group presentations and individual conversations.
- Build meaningful relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteers, and advocates; artfully persuade them to deepen their engagement.
- Manage and oversee Donor Engagement Manager and future campaign support staff.
- Consistently manage donor data recorded in Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software efficiently and accurately such as updating donor names and contact information, inputting substantial donor communications as well as producing notes on donor and prospect research.
- Provide corporate partners with training and support to engage their employees year-round through successful giving campaigns, calls to action, and volunteer opportunities.
- Identify trends and opportunities to maximize and secure revenue, increase donor loyalty, and meet community impact objectives.
- Set ambitious, measurable goals related to relationship management and revenue forecast.
- Respond to donor questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collect data on campaigns, evaluate results, and proactively propose creative recommendations.
- Organize and execute special projects that support the greater corporate engagement team.
- Understands and influences how digital technology and tools impact fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- United Way Worldwide mission, core values, and professional competencies
- UWNU’s mission, vision, values, purpose, objectives and roles
- The communities where UWNU works (including assets, challenges, and people. organizations, existing programs and services, etc.)
- The role played by the various departments in United Way
- Non-profit fundraising and donor moves management process
- Public, private, and non-profit systems
- How individuals, organizations, and communities change
- Group process, dynamics, and operations
- 5-7 years of nonprofit fundraising and/or sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience (5-7 years of fundraising/sales)
- Ability to persuade and negotiate skillfully
- Self-starter - requiring little to no supervision
- Ability to manage and support professional staff
- Ability to communicate effectively through interpersonal and written communication, active listening, and presenting to varying audience
- Experience managing and synthesizing information to plan, prioritize, and implement work
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings
- Ability to establish, maintain, and develop strong working relationships
- Strong personal integrity, as well as professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to frequently travel in Northern Utah and accommodate flexible scheduling
- Ability to consistently record detailed notes in CRM software such as Sales Force, Andar, Asana/Trello, etc.
- Proficient at Google Docs/Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana/Trello
- Master’s Degree
- Experience managing affinity/donor circle groups
- Experience writing grants
- Experience managing or organizing volunteers
- Experience planning major events
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM software
- 45,000-$65,000 (DOE)
Close Date: December 4, 2020 at 5:00pm
How to apply: Email cover letter and resume to Mitch McBride, email@example.com