CORPORATE ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents’ quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Inclusion Courage Accountability Respect Excellence
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Corporate Engagement Associate will help advance the mission of United Way of Central Indiana by:
• Developing, retaining and significantly growing the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI).
• Maintaining and continuously developing relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned corporate accounts and identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWCI.
• Work closely with these constituents to plan, organize and implement employee giving and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained United Way commitment.
This position is also responsible for achieving annual fundraising goals and growth in engagement of donors and corporate efforts in their assigned portfolio within Team Force.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Fundraising: In conjunction with UWCI Internal Teams, develop and implement comprehensive and strategic plans designed to maintain and grow the fundraising and engagement for Team Force corporate partners and their employees. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UWCI opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.). Leverage data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service, leading to long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals. In coordination with the Senior Manager of Engagement for Team Force identify, cultivate and steward a portfolio of individual leadership donors within assigned accounts. Achieve donor call expectations (60 annually) and annual financial goals.
• Internal Relationships: Work with UWCI's Community Impact and Fundraising teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWCI goals and priorities to key stakeholders. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator to advance engagement and brand value. Ensure activity is recorded in CRM database in a timely manner.
• Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with corporate account representatives and leadership within assigned portfolio. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
• Annual Goals: Achieve established goals for annual fundraising, engagement, and donor calls. Work with the Senior Manager of Engagement for Team Force to ensure goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
• Performs special assignments and other work on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience in fundraising, public administration, sales, marketing or business administration is preferred. Knowledge of the central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare and explain performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Senior Manager, Team Force
Position Leads: No Direct Reports
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.