The Corporate Engagement and Social Responsibility Manager will support and manage innovative engagement strategies with existing and new corporate partners to increase awareness and engagement to raise financial, volunteer, and advocacy resources to support United Way’s impact work. The manager will partner with the Resource Development team in executing a year-round strategic relationship and partnership plan to position United Way as a primary partner assisting companies in meeting their philanthropic and corporate social responsibility needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with Resource Development team to develop and implement an integrated corporate engagement plan for assigned business and corporate accounts designed to increase giving, volunteer involvement, event sponsorship and/or participation and involvement in and advocacy for United Way programs and initiatives.
- Increase revenue by cultivating deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between United Way and Corporate Partners via workforce campaigns, corporate social responsibility partnerships, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Review assigned accounts to establish annual growth goals and support plans and strategies.
- Grow and preserve corporate sponsorships and corporate grants.
- Manage all aspects of project planning for corporate fundraising and engagement projects and events.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders within assigned accounts.
- Deliver key United Way messages during individual and group presentations.
- Support organizational events by posting/sharing via United Way's multiple social media platforms.
- Maintain detailed account and individual donor documentation within internal CRM database.
- Build comprehensive understanding of assigned corporations' history, corporate culture, operating rhythms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years previous experience in corporate affairs, corporate social responsibility, fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and cloud-based applications like Salesforce CRM are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Team orientation, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent consultative selling skills preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including occasional evenings, and weekends.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
Related Core Competencies
- Believe authentically in United Way’s work and understand the vital role that building champions for our work plays in realizing our vision.
- Work proactively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Operate with a mindset of learning, listening, and achieving goals.
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills and strong attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence that ensures positive relationships with partner organizations and constituencies.
- Meet deadlines and show initiative in taking on new tasks and projects.
- Seek out information, solutions to problems, and relevant opportunities.
- Embrace technology and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with Salesforce and advocacy software (Fiscal Note, Voter Voice, or similar) is a bonus.
Salary starting at $65,000 plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, March 29, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion