Join Our Team!
We are searching for a Corporate Engagement & Emerging Leaders Society Manager who is a leader in relationship management, fundraising, and enthusiastic about our mission to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford.
As the Corporate Engagement & Emerging Leaders Society Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, retaining, and growing Emerging Leaders Society (ELS), United Way’s affinity group for young leaders, to raise financial resources to support United Way’s community priorities. Your work will elevate ELS brand visibility in the community to be recognized as the “go to” group for individuals under 40, attracting and connecting the best and brightest to partner with United Way to affect change.
This position has the opportunity to work on a hybrid schedule (in-office and remote). Please note that due to working with young professionals, most meetings and events are held outside of normal business hours.
What you’ll do:
- Lead volunteer committees in planning and executing strategies that increase membership, engagement, and revenue.
- Develop strategies to grow the number of young professionals who are giving to and engaged with United Way through ELS.
- Equip ELS members as United Way ambassadors committed to furthering the message and impact of United Way among peers and within workplaces.
- Steward, cultivate and invest in ELS members through intentional development experiences that enhance their personal, professional, and philanthropic growth and authentically strengthen their connection to our community and United Way.
- Lead the Emerging Leaders Society Case Competition annually with support from Marketing and Community Investment.
- Plan and execute a year-round engagement/event calendar for ELS.
- Manage regular member communications strategy inclusive of social media content.
- Maintain current understanding of community goals and initiatives, focus areas, successes, and overall results to effectively communicate to members at community events.
- Represent United Way in the community at events and in companies via frequent public speaking, presentations, and networking activities.
- Support the development and implementation of a step-up program for Emerging Leaders Society members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Passionate about relating to and developing emerging leaders in our area to attract and retain top talent.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Experience in fundraising or sales required with demonstrated success.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and prior experience analyzing data
- Relationship management experience required.
- Strong leadership with an aptitude for resourcefulness is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience with donor CRM systems and donation processing a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Evenings and occasional weekends required.
- Primary covid 19 vaccination (or waiver) upon hire.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and members of structurally marginalized and/or underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. Few candidates will likely meet 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.