This position works in the Philanthropic, Donor and Community Services Division (PDCS). PDCS is the primary vehicle for organizational fundraising and volunteer engagement efforts. Account Manager, Workplace Campaign is a position responsible for day-to-day implementation of campaigns processes and strategies. This position supports key campaign staff and volunteers, while overseeing a campaign division and workplace campaign accounts.
Staff Y N
Volunteers Y N
• Oversee, directly supervise, and guide teams of Campaign Representatives (part-time seasonal employees)
• Collaboratively manage one campaign division and Chair, monitoring its progress and projecting anticipated results
• Manage transactional workplace campaigns embedded within existing campaign divisions
• Monitor campaign division progress and assist with projecting anticipated results
• Support the needs of specified campaign divisions following key timelines with the guidance of Relationship Managers
• Assist in setting goals, task identification, motivational ideas, timelines, and schedules for area(s) of responsibility, including process implementation, reporting, and recognition
• Assist with logistics for specified Workplace Campaign activities
• Work with Relationship Managers to analyze and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of past workplace campaigns, as well as processes, to affect improvement going forward
• Maintain knowledge of community political, social, and economic factors that may impact the annual campaign
• May assist in the orientation and training of all levels of workplace campaign volunteers and staff
• As needed, attend rallies and speak on behalf of United Way and the campaign
• Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Responsible for reporting, including, but not limited to, weekly Chair reports, Campaign Representative weekly reports, Division Progress reports, Call Notes, CEO Visit Notes, Outstanding reports, and other reports as necessary
• Responsible for process creation and implementation, including, but not limited to, goal-setting, division overview, company meetings, solicitations, and recognition
• Responsible for management of Campaign Representatives
• Responsible for assisting in the improvement of internal and external processes, keeping them in line with our strategic plan, mission, and needs of the campaign
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications, or non-profit management; or equivalent, in job-related areas
• Experience in sales or fundraising, 1-2 years is preferred
• Supervisory experience is preferred
• Public Speaking experience
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to build processes and metrics to determine how to improve our efforts and where we excel
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results
• Attention to detail composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, often under pressure
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Exceptional relationship management and customer service skills, responding to customer’s needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate the ability to manage client expectations and the scope and scale of projects
• Demonstrate the ability to accurately identify expressed and unmet needs to help the customer achieve their goals and objectives
• Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as to take direction as needed
• Demonstrate ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all work related duties
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES: WHO WE ARE & HOW WE WORK TOGETHER…THE UNITED WAY
Steward the Vision
Uphold and support our strategy.
Embrace big picture; focus on efforts that add significant value.
Nurture commitment to our common vision and shared values.
Act with Integrity
Uphold organizational values in all business dealings.
Do what is right and ethical across all constituencies.
Maintain high standards of personal integrity with colleagues and volunteers.
Commitment to Service
Work hard to understand and do what is best for our community and our customers.
Demonstrate urgency in meeting community, volunteers, customer and organizational needs.
Balance organizational needs and customer needs to achieve mutually beneficial results.
Create a climate of energy, excitement and personal investment.
Encourage & Embrace Innovation
Curious and exploratory regarding creative ideas and solutions.
Seek continuous improvement in products, services and processes.
Facilitate implementation of processes that produce improved service and community outcomes.
Demonstrate Mutual Respect
Act to preserve relationships, even under challenging circumstances.
Respect and appreciate individual differences in perspective and background.
Treat others fairly and consistently.
Respond to the concerns and cares of co-workers and the community.
Integrate efforts across organizations, and within functions and departments.
Promote working together and remove obstacles to teamwork.
Work through conflict to create results.
Align individual goals with organizational strategies.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to regularly use hands to handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Traditional office work environment
0 Outdoors work environment
1 Non-traditional work hours: evenings and weekends as needed
1 Travel: less than 30%, meetings/rallies with companies and events within United Way’s 16 county region
1 Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation