The Corporate Account Executive (CAE) is responsible for the strategy, implementation, relations (C-level and employee), and growth of all existing, and new corporate partners. The Corporate Account Executive will close new revenue opportunities and provide coordination and general support to help increase philanthropic revenues from United Way’s top corporate partners and their respective employees.
The CAE is expected to be fully functional, passionate sales professional who significantly contributes to the overall success of UWMD by prospecting, closing, nurturing and growing new and existing corporate partnerships. The CAE is expected to be a top contributor of overall revenue contributions through the cumulative effects that their existing and new partnerships bring to UWMD.
The CAE will primarily deliver all levels of logistical and general support for employee giving campaigns, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement activities. Other notable duties will include active participation in the team’s year-round efforts to increase revenue as specified by the assigned team. The CAE will also serve as the United Way account lead with small and mid-sized businesses. The CAE will report to the Corporate Relations Manager
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships that advance the mission and support of UWMD.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact. Responsible for measured revenue contribution from existing and new corporate partners.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
Grow revenue through new and existing partnerships: Identify, attract and acquire current and new business opportunities to further UWMD’s revenue and growth goals. Specifically, increase RUM dollars for UWMD through these new and existing partnerships by soliciting investment in impact, sponsorship, giving campaign and volunteer opportunities. By prioritizing and executing standardized go to market procedures, such as customer acquisition and lapsed partner expectations and standards, formatted year-long relationship engagement plans, and personnel accountability and expectation standards, the CAE should experience consistent, sustainable performance.
Major Account Support: The CAE will manage and steward the portfolio of numerous major accounts for UWMD. They will need to develop and provide general support to help advance corporate account strategies that derive philanthropic revenue from multiple sources, including impact investment sponsorships, employee giving campaigns, major/planned gifts, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement. Adherence to both team and individual activity metrics is an important aspect of this position.
These duties may include, but are not limited to, support activities related to execution of the employee giving campaign, event coordination and fulfillment of company requests.
Small/Mid-Sized Account Leadership: The CAE will manage and steward the portfolio of numerous small/mid-sized accounts. The CAE will need to develop and manage corporate account strategies that derive philanthropic revenue from multiple sources, including impact investment, employee giving campaigns, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement.
The CAE will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with key contacts at both existing and new corporate relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
Implementation of both fundraising industry and United Way best practices is essential for success. In addition, the CAE will be responsible for coordinating and leveraging UWMD staff resources across the organization to close new partnerships, ensure strong donor stewardship, drive donor gift upgrades and retain longtime loyal supporters.
Campaign Management and Execution: With all accounts, strong organization skills are needed to steward campaigns which includes assisting in the coordination as well as attending and speaking at events.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years in a sales capacity preferred
- Aptitude to proactively anticipate upcoming challenges and opportunities.
- Proficiency to thoroughly investigate causes of any individual or team shortfalls and apply lessons to future work.
- Proficiency in researching, prospecting, preparing and presenting proposals to new and existing corporate partners
- A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with several individuals per day via several mediums, with the commitment of a 48-hour or less follow-up timeframe.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to infuse creativity, innovation and insight into all aspects of work.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Significant experience in public speaking is required, as numerous occasions for such arise
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and execute multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for deliverables.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce; working knowledge of social media.
- Competitive, ambitious individual with a drive to do their best every day
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- Ability to integrate marketing, operations and financial knowledge and background to achieve organizational goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- A commitment to community service and the non-profit sector.
- Ability to leverage technology to implement and drive change and performance.
- A commitment to work cross functionally to leverage internal resources.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required by event timing.
- Ability to lift to 20 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.