Position: Corporate Account Executive Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Corporate Relations Director
Summary: Believes and exemplifies United Way of Anchorage (UWA) mission, vision and values.
Will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and developing a base of local accounts that contribute to the United Way of Anchorage, as well as prospect and close new corporate donors. We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail and a devotion to building lasting corporate and community relationships that result in multi-year support and commitment to the United Way of Anchorage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, present and execute specific account development action plans, including accurate projections of annual revenue, resources and growth opportunities.
- Serve as the year-around point of contact for assigned portfolio of accounts regarding all UWA communications, functions and corporate account management.
- Responsible for new account prospecting and cultivation, adding new accounts to portfolio of corporate accounts to reach new donor goals assigned.
- Responsible and accountable for problem solving and decision making with accounts to reach desired goals within UWA policies and procedures.
- Provide the “ideal experience” for active community investors, including:
- Imbedded delivery of the UWA brand value promise:
- Partner in giving
- Multiplying the results-value of each gift
- Trustworthy organization
- Appropriate recognition
- Prompt handling of inquiries, correspondence and issues within any account or donor
- Regularly communicating to donors and prospective donors about UWA investments and Community Impact areas and outcomes
- Manage and use corporate and donor data efficiently, accurately, and confidentially to increase the yield of resources under management.
- Deliver the UWA mission, within communication guidelines, to all donor audiences, including: UWA’s special causes progress and outcomes; focus area activities; community results and benefits of giving in a meaningful manner, building both donor understanding and financial commitment.
- Assist in training volunteers, seasonal & part-time campaign Account Executives for annual campaign.
- Participate in community and civic activities or organizations to increase networking and public awareness of UWA.
- Professional attire; must conduct themselves professionally in all business, conference and community venues.
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the fields of sales, advertising, fundraising and/or related fields.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
- Relationship building - active listening, interpersonal/cultural sensitivity, case development and persuasion
- Track record of account retention; and proven closing skills
- Team membership – creative problem solving, critical thinking, sound judgment and volunteer/professional supervisory leadership
- Organizational culture - adaptable, flexible, responsive, donor oriented and active understanding and promotion of UWA
- Personal leadership within a team environment - multi-tasker, self-motivated and takes initiative, shares credit and takes responsibility for actions
Sales and Marketing, Account Management, Customer Service, Community Relations and/or, Project Management, Statistical Analysis and Volunteer Management.
Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations and excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, news articles and professional publications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and high level decision makers.
Cultural sensitivity and management of culturally diverse groups.
Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Valid Alaska Driver’s License
Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work related travel in the Anchorage area.
Place of Work:
701 W. 8th Ave. Suite 230, Anchorage, AK 99501
Hours of Work:
8:30 am – 5:00 p.m. -- Monday - Friday
Salary & Benefits:
Exempt position. Salary DOE. Benefits include holiday pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement plan.
Submit letter of interest and resume immediately to Joy Star Lovitt, 701 West 8th Avenue, Suite 230, Anchorage, AK 99501
Fax and email applications are acceptable: FAX: 907-222-0477; email: email@example.com.
Open until filled.