Position Title: Coordinator, Workforce Development
Status: NONEXEMPT (FULL-TIME)
Location: 711 Park Ave West, Denver, CO 80205
The Workforce Development Coordinator is a 12 month funded position that will develop a research driven, place-based workforce development strategy to provide employment and training programs and opportunities to residents in Mile High United Way's targeted neighborhoods. The Program Coordinator will establish and maintain robust partnerships with area employers, workforce development agencies, nonprofits, and education and training providers. The Program Coordinator will promote Mile High United Way as a workforce and economic development resource and a leader in connecting and convening people, information, and services. The Program Coordinator must be a self-starter capable of achieving concrete results, working effectively internally and externally to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
How You'll Help
- Develop a workforce development strategy that is place-based and crosses Mile High United Way's programs: United for Business, United for Families, United for Schools and Bridging The Gap.
- Works with a wide variety of community and governmental agencies, educational institutions, employers, businesses and other groups to identify needs and strategies; markets programs; promotes community education and awareness related to training and employment issues.
- Develop program outputs and outcomes that are measurable, and research based
- Identify, develop and maintain workforce development partnerships, industry sector partnership leads, and pipeline programs
- Develop effective working relationships with diverse populations in under-resourced communities
- Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events as necessary
- Maintain up to date contact information, status notes and follow up action needed in Salesforce
- Represent the organization at workforce and industry events and meetings to elevate MHUW's profile among the workforce development community, employers and business groups.
- Participate in professional development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars
- Provide input to the VP, Community Impact and make recommendations for improvements to the program
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, social science, business, education, or a related field, plus at least three years of experience in workforce development
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategy and program development
- Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Experience in relating effectively to people of all ranks, professions, ethnic and racial groups and all national origin
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal workforce development programs
- Advanced Technical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Salesforce experience a plus
Working Environment: 40% of time in typical office environment, 60% traveling to outside meetings
Physical Activities: Must have current Colorado Driver's License, applicable automobile insurance and a safe driving record. Ability to lift 20lbs.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.