Position Title: Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement
Status: NONEXEMPT (FULL-TIME)
Location: 711 Park Ave West, Denver, CO 80205
How You'll Help
Oversee Mile High United Way volunteer events and United Way community engagement strategy. Develop strong relationships with community partners to ensure effective integration and execution of Mile High United Way volunteer impact.
- Represent and lead Mile High United Way at volunteer engagements such as volunteer orientation, training, and skills-based volunteering, and onsite opportunities.
- Manage volunteer communication for internal and external relationships for volunteer recruitment for partner agencies and Mile High United Way including; weekly list, volunteer united, web inquiries.
- Optimize Volunteer United to promote volunteer opportunities with our partners and serve as the liaison for technical assistance for Volunteer United and collect data to better reach volunteers.
- Manage Community Kit inventory, ordering and payment processing.
- Coordinate logistics for volunteer activities with corporate partners including; staff roles, supplies, day of execution, pre and post communications for more than 100 days of service
- Support Manager of Volunteer Engagement with Mile High United Way Volunteer Signature Events including: National Volunteer Week, Day of Caring, Denver Day of Service, Back to School Bash, Turkey Trot and the Children's Holiday Party. Integrate volunteerism strategy to play an integral role in Resource Development donor recruitment, retention and revenue growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at with corporate and nonprofit partners to support their volunteer needs.
- Oversee onsite days of service including vendor management, project management, interdepartmental collaboration, external communication, coordination with agencies, and distribution of donations.
- Present at public speaking engagements in the community related to various topics on volunteerism.
- Develop vision and continued growth for volunteerism at Mile High United Way.
- Assist with the facilitation of Volunteerism Trainings for corporate partners, internal staff and community members.
- Optimize our technological tools such as Salesforce, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, Salesloft, Volunteer United and our website to develop and implement an outcome measurement process for evaluating the progress and effectiveness of volunteer engagement projects and strategy
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years experience in the non-profit sector or event management.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Represent Mile High United Way at agency site visits and at agency functions to enhance agency relations.
- Great organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Substantial event planning experience.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work effectively with MHUW donors, volunteers, agencies, and community representatives.
- Good oral communication and writing skills, including presentations, public speaking, written reports, and other documents.
- Knowledge of workplace campaigns.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Word, Excel, Power Point, Facebook, Twitter and other related software.
Working Environment: 60% typical office environment, 40% outside meetings and local travel
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.