Position Title: Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
How You'll Help
This position, as part of a team, coordinates volunteer events and community engagement strategy for Mile High United Way. The Coordinator will develop strong relationships with community partners to ensure effective integration and execution of volunteer impact.
- Represent and lead Mile High United Way at volunteer engagements such as volunteer orientation, training, and skills-based volunteering, and onsite opportunities.
- Manage school and volunteer engagements for Read with Me (Power Lunch) program at local elementary schools.
- Manage volunteer communication for internal and external relationships for volunteer recruitment for partner agencies and Mile High United Way including; weekly list, volunteer united, web inquiries.
- Optimize the Volunteer United platform to promote volunteer opportunities with our partners and serve as the liaison for technical assistance for Volunteer United and collect data to better reach volunteers.
- Coordinate logistics for volunteer activities with corporate partners including; staff roles, supplies, day of execution, pre and post communications for more than 100 days of service
- Support volunteer events including: Project Homeless Connect, Turkey Trot and the Children's Holiday Party. Integrate volunteerism strategy to play an integral role in Resource Development donor recruitment, retention and revenue growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at with corporate and nonprofit partners to support their volunteer needs.
- Oversee onsite days of service including vendor management, project management, interdepartmental collaboration, external communication, coordination with agencies, and distribution of donations.
- Present at public speaking engagements in the community related to various topics on volunteerism.
- Develop vision and continued growth for volunteerism at Mile High United Way.
- Conduct volunteer and agency needs assessment; create new opportunities to fill existing gaps.
- Optimize our technological tools such as Salesforce, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, Salesloft, Volunteer United and our website to develop and implement an outcome measurement process for evaluating the progress and effectiveness of volunteer engagement projects and strategy.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years experience in the nonprofit sector or event management.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Represent Mile High United Way at agency site visits and at agency functions to enhance agency relations.
- Great organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Substantial event planning experience.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work effectively with MHUW donors, volunteers, agencies, and community representatives.
- Good oral communication and writing skills, including presentations, public speaking, written reports, and other documents.
- Knowledge of workplace campaigns.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Facebook, Twitter. Salesforce and GivePulse experience a plus.
Working Environment: 60% typical office environment, 40% outside meetings and local travel
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.