Why Work for United Way:
Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads, you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. Plus, we offer excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and a great work-life balance. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
If you are motivated, hard-working and passionate, United Way may be the perfect place for you. Successful candidates will have marketing and project management experience and a positive, problem-solving attitude that doesn’t crack under pressure. You must be able to communicate effectively with your team, manage details with ease, and provide excellent internal and external customer service.
Objectives & Expectations:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for helping to advance the brand and positively position United Way as a philanthropic leader and trusted partner in the community. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, know how to run successful events and be prepared to hit the ground running. The Marketing Coordinator will increase the awareness and visibility of UWSHR among the public, donors and volunteers through strategic execution of marketing plans, events and the development of compelling content for advertising, awareness and engagement purposes. This position will provide creative input; help create and implement a company-wide integrated marketing plan; collaborate with staff to ensure consistent messaging and uniformity of presentation; measure results and make adjustments for continuous improvement.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Create compelling marketing and event emails to support the overall UWSHR marketing strategy
- Capture monthly analytics to analyze KPIs and work with team to adapt strategy to ensure progress against goals
- Simplify and distill complex information to provide clear, crisp, influential and factual messaging that aligns with business objectives and project strategy
- Work with Marketing, Resource Development and Community Impact teams to foster a storytelling culture to engage donors, volunteers and community partners
- Work with marketing contacts at major accounts to align our content with their communication strategy and find opportunities to share United Way’s work with their employees
- Identify, target and work with local businesses to executive point of sale and cause marketing campaigns that drive donations
- Develop content for and actively engage on the UWSHR social media channels
- Keep the Vice President and Marketing Manager apprised of workflow
- Attend UWSHR and local community events, where applicable
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects and expertly manage multiple deadlines
- See both the minute design details and the bigger brand picture
- Collaborate across departments to bring projects to timely completion
- Proof and review materials
- Work with vendors to order materials, track delivery and process invoices
- Provide scheduling and logistics support
- Maintain and update the organization’s website
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related discipline, or experience equivalent
- Experience in marketing and digital communications (preferred)
- Social media experience (preferred)
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate ability to work cross functionally as part of a team to accomplish individual and mutually defined goals within specified timeframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to take complex concepts and boil them down to compelling statements
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and task oriented to ensure deadlines are met
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail to produce consistently error-free work
- High level of professionalism
- Strong listening skills and ability to see new opportunities or broader implications
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with WordPress, Salesforce and CRM (preferred)
- Experience in photography and/or videography is a plus
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue accepting applications until the position is filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.