For nearly 75 years, United Way of the Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has tackled our community’s most difficult issues in the areas of education, financial stability and health.
For more information about your United Way, visit: www.unitedwaygbacc.org
The position reports to the CEO and works closely with the Campaign Manager. This position requires a high level of written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of various communications tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Communications (~50%)
- Working with the team, assist with the creation of the annual marketing plan of action.
- Coordinate all tasks related to the plan of action and meet each timeline.
- Review organization’s website and update pages as directed.
- Make updates to the website to keep it fresh and ensure that all information is correct and current.
- Create and implement a social media schedule.
- Actively participate in creative direction for social media, website and external marketing.
- Maintain alignment with UWW brand standards in all efforts promoting our work.
- Write social media posts based on team’s work and organization’s needs.
- Produce weekly and monthly dashboard reports to monitor social media and website engagement. Make recommendations on scheduling of posts.
- Write media releases.
- Organize and create central photo file ensuring all photos are named, categorized and ready for use.
- Review campaign marketing pieces and participate in developing new materials.
- Participate in the production of all fundraising collateral materials to ensure clear, effective communication that supports UW’s mission.
- Work with events committee volunteers, providing ongoing support to ensure their success and that their experience is positive.
- Support and actively participate in all annual events.
- Other duties as needed to ensure relevant communication tools are in use.
Annual Campaign (~40%)
- Working with the CEO and Campaign Manager, assist with coordinating and implementing United Way workplace campaigns.
- Support the team to complete all efforts related to the donor stewardship program.
- Work with campaign committee volunteers and provide ongoing support to ensure their success and that their experience is positive.
- Other duties as needed to ensure a successful campaign and that goals are met.
Data Management & Research (~5%)
- Support the Campaign Manager’s work with campaign reporting, prepping of materials for CEO visits, and developing account lists with appropriate information.
- Assist the Campaign Manager to ensure the accuracy of data and timeliness of reports and acknowledgements. Ensure that donor data integrity is maintained.
- Other duties as needed to create a data-driven campaign effort.
General and Office Duties (~5%)
- At all times, the coordinator will be an engaged member of the team and support the team’s overall success.
- Assess and take responsibility for own performance, seeking and responding to feedback.
- Support general office duties. This may include answering the main office phone line and greeting and helping individuals that enter the office.
- All team members will ensure phone calls and emails are managed in a timely manner and that all safety protocols are in place.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interaction (Internal and External)
- Interact with all UWGBACC departments.
- External interaction with donors, volunteers, nonprofits, local businesses and organizations and government agencies, marketing consultants and local media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business, preferred. One to two years’ work experience preferred. Experience may be considered as a substitute for education.
- United Way experience is helpful. Knowledge of the community and bilingual is a plus.
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Knowledge of social media outlets, website management, public service announcements, and other outreach strategies.
- Knowledge of copy writing and/or journalism.
- Knowledge of content creation platforms, such as Adobe, Premier, and Canva.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience with social media and metrics analysis.
- Strong writer and copy editor.
- Position requires solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Able to work with diverse group of people and accomplish results.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Able to follow directions and work independently or with a group.
- Knowledge of and experience with UW is desired.
- Energy and enthusiasm are a must.
- Must have valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and provide own transportation. Individuals are required to operate their vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Values diversity and inclusion.
- Employer subsidized healthcare plan.
- Group dental and vision insurance. Other insurance products also available.
- Paid holidays, personal and sick days.
- SEP retirement plan.
Hourly starting pay range for the Marketing & Development Coordinator position is $16.83 to $20.19, depending on experience.
Applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.