Position Title: Coordinator, Individual Giving
Status: Exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
How You'll Help
Responsible for donor cultivation, education, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of individual annual donors in support of Mile High United Way's fundraising efforts.
- Corresponds with, actively stewards and solicits gifts from individual donors through personal contact and correspondence to educate and engage them in the Mile High United Way movement with the goal to increase their personal giving.
- Work with the corporate and individual teams in Resource Development to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual and long-range plans for individual donors to increase giving and levels of participation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of donor recognition
- Provide input on the creation of collaterals related to annual individual donors.
- Research and maintain current and prospective individual donors within portfolio.
- Cultivate and steward donors within portfolio to encourage donor engagement with Mile High United Way and increase giving levels.
- Document donor contacts and activities in Salesforce, Mile High United Way's CRM system.
- Develop and implement annual and long-range plans for individual Portfolio
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all Division documents and files.
- Is professionally supportive of all MHUW policies, procedures, functions, departments, divisions, managers and employees.
- Provides support to Corporate engagement team throughout the year
- Provides support to other Department and Corporate priorities, as needed, e.g. Strategic Plan, annual budget, special initiatives, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with other Departments.
- Be an active and engaged member of the overall Corporate Relations team to increase giving, volunteerism, and advocacy for Mile High United Way.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in humanities, business, finance, or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years successful experience in fundraising, management, and one-on-one solicitation required
- Additional successful experience in funds development including, proposal writing, prospect research, volunteer management, annual individual giving campaigns, capital campaigns, and donor cultivation and recognition
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent fundraising skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage and motivate executive level volunteers to achieve fundraising and organizational goals;
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of administration, project management, and volunteer program development.
- Prefer knowledge of community volunteer base, knowledge of community's network of affluent families and private foundations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well under pressure, be flexible, creative, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable of the community and possess a high energy level.
- Professionally supportive of corporate missions, policies, staff etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Salesforce database a plus.
Working Environment: Typical office environment with occasional out-of-office meetings.
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.