Position Title: Coordinator, Human Resources
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary: An amount in the beginning of the pay range, $23.08 - $25.00/hr, with consideration given for experience above the minimum requirements.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: This position is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205, with the ability to work remotely 2-3 days/week.
How You'll Help:
As part of a mission-driven 3.0 FTE HR team, the Coordinator serves the organization and its employees by processing a variety of Human Resources related tasks such as recruiting, payroll, benefits maintenance, payment processing, filing and administrative needs, and other department and organization initiatives.
- Support full cycle recruiting efforts by partnering with HR team members and hiring supervisors. Full cycle recruiting elements may include making job description revisions, posting career opportunities in applicant tracking system and staff intranet, sourcing candidates, interviewing, schedule coordinating, reference checking, onboarding, offboarding, and compiling staffing reports.
- Responsible for all payroll and related activities, including data entry for all new employees and job and pay changes, maintaining employee files, benefit enrollment and termination, and processing deductions such as employee contributions and garnishments.
- Handles all payment requests for the department. This includes coordinating the monthly benefits reconciliation process, ensuring carrier and vendor invoices are accurate and summarized by employee and department levels. Works with Finance team members on any discrepancies and questions.
- Maintains department files, including preparing and filing documents for active employees, termed employees, benefit folders, retirement folders, and coordinating offsite file storage with the Facilities team.
- Supports the HR team in execution of projects and or ongoing initiatives, including but not limited to All Staff meetings and retreat, employee groups, events, professional development opportunities, and enrollment periods.
- Assists with various communications and reports, including announcing new hires, staff changes, payroll reminders, maintain organizational chart, and other organization announcements on behalf of department.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- The Coordinator must demonstrate and support a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for individuals of all ethnicities, genders, ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related discipline preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 years of direct human resource experience preferred, with prior payroll experience highly preferred.
Special Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) experience, including report management and data integrity. Paycom experience a plus.
Working Environment: Typical office environment
Physical Activities: Ability to operate a computer for extended periods. May be required to lift 20lbs.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.