Position Title: HR Coordinator
Status: NONEXEMPT (FULL-TIME)
Location: 711 Park Ave West, Denver, CO 80205
How You'll Help
The Coordinator, Human Resources serves the organization and its employees by processing a variety of Human Resources related tasks such as recruiting, payroll, benefits maintenance, payment processing, filing and administrative needs, and other department and organization initiatives.
- Support full cycle recruiting efforts by partnering with HR team members and hiring supervisors. Full cycle recruiting elements may include making job description revisions, posting career opportunities in applicant tracking system and staff intranet, sourcing candidates, interviewing, schedule coordinating, reference checking, onboarding, offboarding, and compiling staffing reports.
- Responsible for all payroll and related activities, including data entry for all new employees and job and pay changes, maintaining employee files, benefit enrollment and termination, and processing deductions such as employee contributions and garnishments.
- Handles all payment requests for the department. This includes coordinating the monthly benefits reconciliation process, ensuring carrier and vendor invoices are accurate and summarized by employee and department levels. Works with Finance team members on any discrepancies and questions.
- Maintains department files, including preparing and filing documents for active employees, termed employees, benefit folders, retirement folders, and coordinating offsite file storage with the Facilities team.
- Supports the HR team in execution of projects and or ongoing initiatives, including but not limited to All Staff meetings and retreat, employee groups, events, professional development opportunities, and enrollment periods.
- Assists with various communications and reports, including announcing new hires, staff changes, payroll reminders, maintain organizational chart, and other organization announcements on behalf of department.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in financial or human resources areas is strongly preferred
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate and present in person, in writing and on the telephone effectively with both large and small groups.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize work assignments, operate under time and work volume pressure, and work with detail and statistics.
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of information, documents and files.
- Adept at working with numbers and complex spreadsheets.
- Experience with financial and automated payroll timekeeping application programs is highly preferred
- Office 365 Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Paycom and ApplicantPro experience a plus
Working Environment: Typical office environment.
Physical Activities: Ability to operate a computer for extended periods.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.