United Way of Broward County fights for the Health, Education and Financial Prosperity of every person in our community.
General Description: This position is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting the framework to build United Way of Broward County (UWBC) capacity to positively impact public health in Broward County. This position is will help lead UWBC to operate with health and racial equity as guiding principles in its efforts to improve Health outcomes in our community. The Coordinator is responsible for the Health Equity – Train the Trainer Program. (This is a grant funded position)
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide leadership to the Florida Blue Foundation Grant – Health Equity Train the Trainer program.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary group of leaders across Florida Blue consortium to focused on Health Equity and Clinical improvements. Collaborate with other participants to create best practice model framework for health equity within medical systems.
- Provide technical expertise, project management and leadership related to development, implementation and oversight of the health equity and impact plans to align with strategic plan.
- Provide continuous oversight of funded providers under Health Initiatives for compliance and perform monitoring reviews of provider performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract and applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a funded provider files that includes all documents prepared and obtained as a result of a monitoring. HIPAA protected and other confidential information shall be redacted to protect the client and/or staff member’s identity.
Other Job Duties:
- Complete monthly Florida Blue and Ounce of Prevention invoices and program reports.
- Complete monthly invoice approvals.
- Develop monitoring reports and forward to the VP Health Initiatives, for review and approval within thirty (30) calendar days of the Exit Interview (onsite) or review of desk review information.
- Keep the VP Health Initiatives, informed of compliance activities that includes the number of Reviews completed; number of deficiencies; and outstanding deficiencies and efforts to bring the Provider to compliance and competency. Provide technical assistance funded providers in all aspects of subcontract management including invoicing, utilization management, performance reporting, compliance, and budgeting.
- Provide technical assistance to funded provides under Health Initiatives.
- Assist in preparing for, all contract monitoring/audits; provides requested documents; coordinate monitoring process with pertinent Local, State and Federal staff; functions as a Liaison to external contract units.
- Serve on various internal/external committees as requested by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Represent UWBC at public and private functions.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Supervises: This position supervises the Health Equity Educator.
Education & Experience:
Combination of education and experience normally represented by:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Human Services, Master’s degree preferred
- 4 years’ experience in progressively more responsible job-related positions in program administration.
- Experience in Health Equity Training, community organization, program development and/or management, program evaluation, QA processes preferably in the social services field.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs required, and research related software preferred.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.