Seeking to fill 3 openings at our offices in Harris County, Fort Bend County and Montgomery County. This is a full-time, grant-funded position for a period up to 2 years. With minimal supervision and a high level of personal initiative, the Disaster Coordinator will be responsible for providing staff for the Hurricane Harvey Long-Term Recovery process and Long-Term Recovery Committee.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Staff the Harris County Long-Term Recovery Committee and participating workgroups to include: providing support to the chairs of each workgroup, drafting agendas, sign-in sheets, minutes and other necessary materials. Ensuring that each workgroup and committee has the support needed to continue recovery efforts while supporting effective communication and facilitation of the meetings.
Develop an external website of available services for the Long-Term Recovery effort in the county. In addition, develop an internal portal for service providers for each workgroup and area of emphasis to increase communication and share best practices. Develop a comprehensive long-term recovery plan that outlines recovery efforts from Hurricane Harvey, lessons learned and documentation of recovery process.
Provide reporting support to include grant reporting, reports for each workgroup and creating a monthly dashboard for each meeting of numbers served by service component. Aid in the identification of service goals and gaps. Map investments and service provision against social vulnerability index, FEMA registrations, etc.
Conduct outreach as needed to communicate services available through the recovery committee and/or United Way. Providing support for special disaster projects (behavioral health events, data projects, fairs, Days of Action, etc. Handling inquiries, escalated calls, or complaints and following up to ensure successful resolution.
EDUCATION: Bachelors or better
EXPERIENCE: 5 years relevant experience
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.