Position Title: Coordinator, Community Giving & Engagement
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount of $50,000.00 annually.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; paid parental leave; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: This position is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205. Currently working 3 days/week in office with 2 days/week remote.
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
Responsible for supporting donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of leadership and active community donors in support of Mile High United Way's fundraising efforts through individual, corporate and employee engagement relationships. Establish, grow, and strengthen relationships with employers, internal influencers, and employees to maximize corporate and employee community involvement in order to grow individual donor relationships and giving. Responsible for providing coordination and support to the Resource Development team to raise funds and increase revenue for Mile High United Way.
- Corresponds with, actively stewards and solicits gifts from individual donors through personal contact and correspondence to educate and engage them in the Mile High United Way movement with the goal to begin and increase their personal giving
- Develop and implement annual and long-range plans for individual portfolio of donors who give between $1,000-$10,000
- Manage or support a limited portfolio of corporate relationships and workplace giving campaigns
- Work with the Community Giving team in Resource Development to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual and long-range plans for individual donors to increase giving and levels of participation
- Assist in the development and implementation of donor recognition
- Provide input on the creation of collaterals related to annual individual donors
- Research and maintain current and prospective individual donors within portfolio
- Cultivate and steward donors within portfolio to encourage donor engagement with Mile High United Way and increase giving levels
- Support corporate partner campaigns and cultivate relationships with employees to garner individual support and engagement
- Document donor contacts and activities in Salesforce, Mile High United Way's CRM system
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in humanities, business, finance, or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years successful experience in fundraising, management, and one-on-one solicitation; experience with building corporate partnerships a plus
- Additional successful experience in funds development including, proposal writing, prospect research, volunteer management, annual individual giving campaigns, capital campaigns, and donor cultivation and recognition
- Excellent fundraising skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage and motivate executive level volunteers to achieve fundraising and organizational goals;
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of administration, project management, and volunteer program development.
- Prefer knowledge of community volunteer base, knowledge of community's network of affluent families and private foundations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well under pressure, be flexible, creative, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable of the community and possess a high energy level.
- Professionally supportive of corporate missions, policies, staff etc.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Salesforce database a plus.
Working Environment: Typical office environment - option to work remotely 2 days per week
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Mile High United Way does not charge applicants for any step in the hiring process, nor do we request any financial information until the time of hire.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.