Coordinator of Communication and Engagement
UNITED WAY OF COLLIER AND THE KEYS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Coordinator of Communication and Engagement
Reports to: The CEO of United Way of Collier and the Keys
Location: Onsite - Naples, Florida
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Purpose of Position
United Way of Collier and the Keys (UWCK) mission is to advance the common good by investing in the building blocks of a good quality of life: education, income, health, and safety-net services. The Coordinator of Communication and Engagement will lead efforts to reach current and potential stakeholders to advance philanthropic, programmatic, and community engagement goals.
This person will develop messaging and content (print and online platforms) that enhances the brand of United Way of Collier and the Keys. Engagement is also a critical component of this role with the organization. We are seeking a team member with strong writing and interpersonal skills who understands the needs, motivations, and aspirations of key stakeholders including current and prospective donors, volunteer leaders, government and nonprofit partners, corporate leaders, community members, and media members.
The Coordinator of Communication and Engagement will play a key role in facilitating workplace and neighborhood campaigns, affinity group activities, special events, and philanthropy-specific communications, including donor appeals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Coordinating creation and distribution of all print, digital, and mass communication content
- Layout and design, photography, videography, editing
- Elevating social media presence of United Way of Collier and the Keys
- Identifying, prioritizing, developing, and elevating key storylines and themes from United Way initiatives and partnerships
- Working with staff to share stories showing the impact United Way is having on individuals, families, and communities across our region
- Creating news releases, Op-eds, and advertising placements
- Maintaining consistent United Way brand standards
- Assisting in the development of speaking points for staff and volunteer leaders and for media interviews, position statements, and corporate communications
- Working directly with members of the media (traditional and emerging), proactively pitching stories and coverage of projects and partners and responding to media inquiries
- Creating and executing direct mail and email appeals and stewardship communications
- Coordinate production of promotional materials
- Coordinate updates for organization’s website
- Lead volunteer effort to coordinate workplace and neighborhood campaigns
- Prepare staff for site visits, meetings with funders, etc.
- Work with key volunteers to coordinate affinity groups, e.g.,Tocqueville Society, Women United
- BS/BA in journalism/communications/related field and minimum of 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated use of social media to successfully engage target audiences
- Ability to produce high-quality written and visual material
- Basic layout and design skills
- Volunteer engagement and interpersonal skills
- Coordinate details of event planning
- Experience within the local/regional media market preferred
- Ability to translate complex concepts and initiatives into concise, compelling storylines and messaging
- Graphic design, photography, videography and editing skills preferred Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strategic and creative thinker
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivation.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and a good driving record.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The United Way of Collier County and the Keys values diversity in the workplace and among our agencies and customers. We provide equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law. Furthermore, The United Way of Collier County and the Keys is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.