We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As a team, we are also committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For?
Do you enjoy managing data, organizing information, and facilitating effective communications between community organizations? Are you the type of person who takes pride in getting the details right and is excited to support a team to reach the goal of ending homelessness in greater New Haven? Are you passionate about using your organizational talents as a force for good in our community?
United Way is seeking a CAN Housing Coordinator who is passionate and organized to coordinate the exit side of the system to end homelessness in our region. This person will facilitate critical meetings, maintain data, and collaborate with multiple partner organizations in the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network system, to ensure that progress is continually made towards meeting system goals.
What You Will Do
● Collect and analyze data to monitor system performance and drive improvement. If that statement gets you excited, keep reading. If not, this may not be for you. This position will maintain accurate lists for households seeking housing support. They will also compile, monitor, and report on data and trends for the CAN, including monitoring data quality. The right candidate will be comfortable with viewing and analyzing data to provide suggestions for constant system improvement.
● Review, revise, and approve documentation for housing entry. Federally funded housing programs require specific documentation. When a homeless household is matched to a housing program you would be responsible for maintaining the threshold of documentation needed. The CAN Housing Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing documentation in a timely manner, maintaining high quality documentation, and collaborating with CAN partners for revision, as necessary.
● Facilitation and coordination of housing meetings among partners. The CAN Housing Coordinator will be responsible for the preparation and facilitation of housing meetings. These meetings are comprised of multiple CAN partners. You will create and distribute the agenda as well as be the neutral facilitator pushing the work forward. You will ensure that CAN policies and procedures are being followed during housing matching.
● You will work as part of a team. You will report to the CAN Senior Manager and meet regularly with the CAN team. You will collaborate with our Marketing team to tell the story of United Way to ensure that our community understands the work and impact of ending homelessness in our community. You will also maintain good working relationships with community, nonprofit and business leaders in the community. And of course, there will be other duties as assigned.
What You Need
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least one year of relevant experience OR the equivalent of lived experience in a related field.
• Knowledge of the challenges and barriers that people who experience homelessness face, is preferred.
• Technology Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially managing and analyzing data in Excel is required. Experience working with various types of databases and content management systems is preferred. Knowledge of CT HMIS is preferred. Ability to develop visual presentations of data/metrics is preferred.
• Communication Skills: Strong communication skills; able to interface with all departments internally and ability to represent United Way in a variety of settings. Demonstrated ability to synthesize material, both verbally and in written form for a broad audience. Able to present information at meetings.
• Partnership Skills: Positive customer-service orientation to both external partners as well as our internal United Way team. Skills to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders Ability to be diplomatic when working with staff from other agencies and clients in crisis.
• Planning Skills: Excellent organization skills and a sharp attention to detail. Flexible thinker who can balance systems thinking and on-the-ground implementation. Ability to proactively see what actions are needed, take initiative, and implement projects. Ability to work independently, adjusting to changing priorities is required.
• Facilitation Skills: Ability to facilitate meetings efficiently and effectively is required. Ability to facilitate meetings effectively while balancing multiple points of view.
• Relationship skills: Community minded with high-level active listening skills and the ability to connect with people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds. Ability to balance a variety of perspectives representing all areas of diversity including race, ethnicity, gender, ability, age, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs/faith practices.
• Project Management Skills: Ability to take initiative and implement projects. Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment. Highly motivated and creative out-of-the-box problem solver.
• Local and statewide travel is required; Out of state travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes generous paid time-off, health and dental insurance, and a 403(b)- retirement plan with employer matched contributions. Starting salary will be between $40,000 - $43,000 commensurate with demonstrated skills, experience, and background.
During COVID-19 this position would primarily be working from home.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability, grounded in racial and social justice. United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, telling us about why we should bring you in for an interview to email@example.com. No phone calls, please, but we encourage you to explore uwgnh.org to learn more about what we do. The position will remain open until filled.