Department: Finance & Administration
Supervisor: Marci Martinez-Howey, Sr. Director, Finance
Position Status: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Salary range: $60k - $65k
This position is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining internal controls, including monitoring ongoing activities; for the selection and application of accounting principles; and for the preparation and fair presentation of the financial statements in conformity with US GAAP.
Specific tactical responsibilities include:
- Generate monthly financial reports: income statement, balance sheet, financial dashboard, investment dashboard, financial statement narrative, and department budget updates,
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts and maintenance of the general ledger,
- Process accounts payable and designation payouts,
- Preparation of schedules for audit.
Work Experience and/or Education
- 5-plus years of professional work experience managing the finances of a not-for-profit organization preferred. Relevant experience in the for-profit sector or a related Bachelor’s degree considered in lieu of work experience.
- 5-plus years professional general ledger experience
- Deep understanding of 501c3 financial statements
- Proficiency with accounting software and MS Excel and familiarity with database software
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
In addition to the salary and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 1%-2% of base salary. Our full-time positions offer a flexible standard workweek of 37.5 hours. The benefits package include medical and dental insurance subsidized at 80% for employees and their dependents, life and ltd insurance fully paid and an employee funded vision insurance option. UWGLV begins contributing a 5% of salary direct contribution and up to a 2% of salary match to the 401k at the 1 year anniversary (3 year cliff vested). Eleven paid holidays, 5 sick days, 3 days to volunteer, 15 PTO days as well as an assortment of special use leave days are provided per year, starting in the first year. PTO days increase with years of service. Our beautiful modern office includes an on-site cafeteria, free parking and a free gym.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail, fax or mail a resume and/or cover letter including salary requirements to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources
1110 American Parkway NE Suite F-120
Allentown, PA 18109