Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of those who live in our communities?
The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR) gathers community support year-round to achieve our regional goals in Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs. This past year we raised $10M and engaged more than 6,000 volunteers to fuel the movement to change the story in communities throughout our region…one life at a time.
Position Summary: The Continuum of Care (CoC) for Kalamazoo County is a planning and coordinating body with big aspirations—that all Kalamazoo County residents have the opportunity to live in safe, healthy, affordable homes in a thriving community. The Associate coordinates the activities of the CoC and manages the technical aspects of HUD and MSHDA compliance and processes. This is a full time, grant funded, position based in the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region’s Kalamazoo office.
• Coordinates all CoC meetings with internal and external organizations, sends invitations, tracks responses, and ensures preparation of all necessary materials
• Facilitates communication within the CoC; prepares/distributes/disseminates meeting minutes, agendas and all pertinent information sent by MSHDA, HUD, etc., to members
• Manages technical compliance with HUD and MSHDA grant processes and assists in oversight of operations of the CoC
• Coordinates and executes on key CoC data submission activities, including but not limited to: Point in Time, Housing Inventory Chart, Longitudinal System Analysis, and the System Performance Measures
• Writes and submits, in collaboration with CoC partners, the HUD CoC Program Collaborative Application
• Coordinates the local funding application process for both HUD and MSHDA and the HUD prioritization process
• Participates in relevant trainings and informational meetings offered by HUD, MSHDA, etc.; disseminates information to CoC members as applicable
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree in business administration or related field or an equivalent level of experience is required
• Highly motivated, dynamic, and have the ability to build positive, productive, long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment, and across departments.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete complex projects without intensive instruction.
• Positive, professional personality that appropriately represents the United Way and the CoC
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
This position primarily works in an office environment, but frequently requires attendance at off-site events. It requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and lifting and may require the ability to use a computer for extended periods. Local travel is necessary, so the ability to travel as needed is required. Occasional lifting of no more than 30 pounds is required.
Reports to: Continuum of Care Director
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resume by February 26, 2020, to:
United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.