The Content Writer is responsible for researching, writing and developing content for print, digital and social media platforms to convey the story of United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC). This position plays a critical role to ensure consistent, accurate messaging about UWGC and its impact in the community is delivered across all touch-points and from all UWGC stakeholders. This storyteller position will help set the organizational tone and voice through editorial content, including emails, blog posts, social media posts, newsletter stories, brochures, marketing collateral and other communication vehicles. The position will interview affected individuals and partner agencies and write stories about the impact United Way has in the community. This position will also interview employees at all levels to assist in internal communications. Content will cover a variety of topics related to UWGC and will be produced on tight deadlines. Excellent grammar and writing skills are required for this position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Writes, reviews and edits fresh, engaging content across all agency communication channels, including social media, marketing collateral, internal and external emails, digital giving platforms, internal communication vehicles, etc.
- Finds and develops compelling, emotional stories that inspire and motivate others to engage with United Way.
- Produces a variety of content deliverables, including blog posts, articles, white papers, podcasts, videos, webinars, infographics, social media chatter and media relations materials.
- Ensures at least five impact stories monthly for social media, website and online giving platform Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
- Reinforces message consistency across all channels by developing a consistent organizational voice and following brand standards.
- Possesses editor capabilities - write, present, modify copy and proofread materials.
- Adds to and helps maintain ongoing editorial calendar.
- Assists with other marketing and communications duties as required such as writing, editing and proofing support; media relations support; press release development; development of speeches, PowerPoints and talking points; event planning and event management; etc.
- Serves on and/or staffs divisional and cross-functional committees in support of the organization’s mission and goals and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in similar editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content curation role.
- Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing and/or professional writing/storytelling background.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex content into engaging messages that resonate with the target audience.
- Ability to apply marketing / communications tactics to broad organizational strategies.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team with a strong consultant and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently while keeping management informed of progress.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include night, weekend and event hours.
- Advanced computer skills, including mastery of all major Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Superior writing and editing skills; knowledge of AP style; ability to write in a variety of styles/voices.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work well under pressure; adaptable to changing priorities and demonstrated ability to mobilize resources and act quickly.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate to work with the community.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
COMPETENCIES: Writing and editing, Grammar, Associated Press Style, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Deadline Production, Accountability, Time and project management, Collaboration, Initiative, Organizational and strategic planning
Applicants should apply by Tuesday, July 21, 2020 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion