UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Content Marketing Manager
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Classification: Union Professional/Exempt
Closing Date: Until filled
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order to provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
Our success is driven by our exceptional people and their commitment to the Bay Area community. Working at United Way Bay Area means making a lasting impact in the lives of those residents who need it most. Our employees use their individual strengths, innovation, and collaboration to help solve some of our region’s toughest challenges. We are seeking dedicated, talented, and diverse professionals who are passionate about creating a more equitable Bay Area. United Way Bay Area values and is committed to an anti-racist workplace. Our commitment is seen in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) work that is actively looking at our policies, practices, and programs to improve equity within our organization.
UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We particularly welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty. To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained a degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology”. Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to produce high-quality, relevant and engaging content to help grow UWBA’s brand communications. The successful candidate is an exceptional writer, communicator, and storyteller with a strong understanding of the content marketing landscape. You understand the importance of knowing your audience/s, what resonates with them, and how to distill complex ideas into compelling content.
You’ll ideate and create short-form and long-form content in a variety of formats (blog posts, videos, emails, infographics, etc.) and for multiple distribution channels (website, fundraising campaigns, social media, etc.). You’ll be part of the Marketing team and will collaborate closely with members of other teams (Development and Community Impact), partners, clients, donors, and volunteers to tell compelling stories across all forms of content.
What you’ll do:
- Understand UWBA’s audiences, their challenges, and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging content that will help drive our communications and make an impact on brand perception
- Create engaging content across all formats and channels that helps our prospects, donors, partners, and clients understand the value and impact of our work and services; in some cases, you will create the content, in others, you will manage the project and collaborate with others (internal and external)
- Interview clients, donors, volunteers, partners, and subject matter experts to create compelling content
- Work with Marketing team to monitor performance of our content by understanding how it’s being consumed, what’s resonating, what’s driving results - and you’ll use this information to optimize our content efforts
- Oversee client success story strategy by engaging with clients and developing digestible assets that illustrate the success of our programs
- Support UWBA events by collaborating with Community Engagement staff on content and helping to identify speaking opportunities
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in content marketing
- An editorial mindset and journalistic approach
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional writing skills
- Basic video and photo editing skills preferred
- Proven ability to understand and engage various audiences
- Strong intercultural awareness and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated strength in strategic approach to content (you’re not just a great writer)
- Outstanding follow-through, self-starting attitude, time management, and project management skills to deliver results
- Ability to inspire, influence, and communicate cross-functionally across all levels of management
Salary: Grade Level 3 - $68,000 - $75, 000 annually (DOE)
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate based on race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.