United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC) is committed to having a workforce that reflects our entire community. UWCC opposes racism and oppression in all its forms and believes the nonprofit work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with ideas come together to achieve common goals. UWCC understands that diverse representation and perspectives are vital to our success.
The Content Marketing Manager is accountable for leading relationships, ensuring stewardship of organizational resources, and supporting the United Way of Central Carolinas mission to end poverty and advance equitable outcomes. As a member of the Resource Development team, this individual will be responsible for bringing our content strategy to life, developing assets that educate prospective donors and engage them across the donor’s journey. In this role, you’ll be the lead storyteller, create content to support the overall marketing strategy, and manage United Way of Central Carolinas’ social media channels. An ideal candidate would be a highly organized strategic thinker, technology proficient with excellent writing skills and impeccable attention to detail.
Accountability and Responsibilities
- Creates, leads, and deploys original written and visual multi-media content for all platforms to include digital, print, mobile and video
- Efficiently manages the organization’s content calendar and accurately develops highly effective content specifically targeted for unique audiences leading to optimized donor and volunteer successes
- Monitors and manages all United Way of Central Carolinas social media accounts
- Accurately develops highly effective content specifically targeted for unique audiences leading to optimized donor and volunteer successes
- Ensures engagement through social media, website and mobile products, populating digital channels with compelling content
- Effectively collaborates with internal team to understand impact initiatives so to capture and deploy powerful stories to share with donors, corporate partners and the community
- Accurately delivers timely content and programs ensuring acceptable high engagement rates
- Effectively oversees publication of internal digital newsletter and donor communication programs
- Accurately and timely drafts press releases and other external communications as needed
- Effectively collaborates to develop marketing collateral for special fundraising and community impact campaigns
- Represents and speaks on behalf of UWCC at community events, symposiums and other speaking events
- Proactively learns and grows professionally through various avenues, but not limited to: online courses, in-person classes, seminars, conferences, books, etc.
- Serves as a proactive and contributing member to the UWCC team, performing duties and providing support outside of the functions listed above.
Equity & Inclusion
- Constantly learning & actively participating in programs, trainings, and discussions regarding racial inequities, exclusions, oppressions.
- Appreciation of and willingness to work with and advocate for people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Consistently seeks to learn and understand the specific experiences of historically marginalized racial groups in the U.S., particularly Black, Indigenous, and Latinx groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing required or similar field
- Excellent creative and communications skills, with an emphasis in storytelling - writing, design, and video
- Deep knowledge of various communication platforms: video, digital, web, mobile, content, and social
- Technologically-savvy and resourceful: Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Experience with Adobe Suite, social media tools (platform specific, Hootsuite), ZOOM and other virtual meeting platforms
Technical experience & requirements
- Experience with CRM software, and basic HTML
- Familiarity with CMS and marketing analytics tools (WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research best practices
- Familiarity with video editing platforms
- Take action and go! Be bold and not afraid of a little competition or thinking outside the box even when opportunities seem unimaginable. Create a new path one-step at a time, you got this!
- Openly collaborate in the pursuit of truth and doing what is right. Welcome tough conversations, don’t make assumptions, and rely on others, together we are stronger!
- Sometimes things just need a shake-up. Whether internally or out in the community, we aren’t afraid to be disruptive. Understanding that we may leave a few feathers ruffled along the way, if it is the right thing to do and benefits our community, we will take the chance!
- Inaction is the enemy of innovation. We are a perpetual work in progress, striving to be better, constantly learning and taking risk to be the best we can be. Learning from our mistakes and paving the way for continual betterment.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Bottom line, we need each other. Working together makes us all better individually and makes us awesome as a group. Understanding what others strengths and weaknesses may be and using that knowledge to guide, support, and model our work makes for a successful and high performing team.
- Recognizing and appreciating our differences only make us better. We all share in the responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect for all. Each member of our team will be a role model for others.
Interested applicants visit www.uwcentralcarolinas.org/careers for more information and to apply